chadwick trails mo

I've not been to the badlands but I have been to St. Joe, and though a nice place, it's nowhere near like Chadwick. At 12 sq. miles, Chadwick is all of 3 times the size of St. Joe, and the trails IMO are 10 times better. The 'Wick is rocky, rooty, and rough. Lots of big hills, tight fast double track, and some single track if you know where to find it. Take you 2-3 days to ride it all.

Y'all come see us.?

haven't been to chadwick yet but several friends have and love it going in june. Finger lakes is not bad they have a motorcross track which is rough because they only groom it before races. there are lots of hills but the down side is 4x4 quads are making big ruts everywhere. still fun i go a couple times a year

St. Joe has a lot of smooth trails, as in, you can get on trail 100 and simply haul the mail. Chadwick is very unpredictable. I got on trail 105 off of 171 (I think thats the primitive camping road as well) and it starts off where you can do, well I was hitting 50-60+mph, then you will suddenly hit rocks that will slow you wayyy down. Every trail is like that, once you think it is an "easy" trail, it throws a curveball at you. This is incredibly fun as you always have something new to challenge yourself on. St. Joe has it's limits on trails, the only real challenge being hill climbs. Chadwick throws a curveball on some of the hills as well by making them nothing but creek gravel, (flint rock stuff I think) that sounds like broken glass when your roosting it all over the place. Chadwick also is 100x safer since the chance of running into someone cresting a hill is pretty unlikely, it does happen but people are few and far between there. I like flying on trail 100 at st joe but there are too many people on that trail to get to full speed. Chadwick is worth every penny.

The first time i went to chadwick (10 years ago) i did things on my bike i thought i never could do as far as climbing rocks.And when i got back home to the places i usually ride i could fly because at chadwick i got my rock training.I would recomend it over st.joe any day.Chadwick is alot more technical riding which i like.St joe is like a super highway with a quad coming straight at you.

I'm heading there this weekend. It will be my first time there.

Your going to have a blast. Stop at Kay's store in the town of Chadwick to get your day pass(s). And be sure to check out the deli, they make some killer sandwiches there.

Supposed to be in the lower 80's both Sat. and Sun., with a 30% and 40% chance of rain, should be 2 great days. I'll be there one or the other of the days I'm sure.

Is a Mo State harescramble happening just a few miles from there on Sunday, if your interested in some racing while your here I can send you the series link with directions, etc..

Your going to have a blast. Stop at Kay's store in the town of Chadwick to get your day pass(s). And be sure to check out the deli, they make some killer sandwiches there.

Supposed to be in the lower 80's both Sat. and Sun., with a 30% and 40% chance of rain, should be 2 great days. I'll be there one or the other of the days I'm sure.

Is a Mo State harescramble happening just a few miles from there on Sunday, if your interested in some racing while your here I can send you the series link with directions, etc..

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check it out. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much.

Going to rain today, but scattered tomorrow and Sunday the forecast says so far. One of the many beauties of the 'Wick, pretty much no matter how much it rains, everything is just as rideable. Only problem is if it is heavy enough to turn the creeks into raging rivers, but that doesn't look likely.

What are you driving/riding, if I see you I'll stop by and say hi. Show you a trail or 2 if you want.?

Going to rain today, but scattered tomorrow and Sunday the forecast says so far. One of the many beauties of the 'Wick, pretty much no matter how much it rains, everything is just as rideable. Only problem is if it is heavy enough to turn the creeks into raging rivers, but that doesn't look likely.

What are you driving/riding, if I see you I'll stop by and say hi. Show you a trail or 2 if you want.?

I will be on a white 95 CR250 2 stroke with a group of a few KTM 2 strokes and a Honda 4 stroke. We will be in a 06 Black Chevy crewcab with a trailer. Im pretty new to the sport, so i'm not exactly ready for too much challenging terrain yet.

I didn't make it today. Thought I'd let it settle down a bit after the 2+ inches of rain we got Friday. Did my yard chores, got a little exercise (4 mile walk), worked on the street bike a little, went and looked at some new dirt bikes (probably shouldn't have done that though, now I want one of them that I looked at:smirk:).

Will be heading out to the 'Wick in the morning though. Should be a great day in the woods.?

We went 40+ miles today. Takes some time to get used to, but I had a blast.

Great place huh? I made it over today. 25 miles, rode by myself as most were at the race. Several quads, few bikes, was a great time though.

Shoot me a PM next time your stopping in and I'll try to hook up with you for some miles.?

Tom

Great place huh? I made it over today. 25 miles, rode by myself as most were at the race. Several quads, few bikes, was a great time though.

Shoot me a PM next time your stopping in and I'll try to hook up with you for some miles.?

Tom

Yeah it was a lot of fun. We went about 25 yesterday too. Even went on a few blacks. Wish we could have stayed longer but we had to get back to K.C. I will be back as soon as I can. I was a little worried when I first started out on those rocks, but it was more fun than imagined. I will pm you next time I head down that way.