98' dr350 not running worth crap!!!

OK I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO START TO LOOK FOR THE PROBLEM. I JUST BOUGHT THIS BIKE AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER COULD'NT GIVE ME MUCH HISTORY ABOUT THE BIKE OTHER THAN IT HADN'T BEEN RODE IN 18MOS.

THE BIKE SPUDDERS BAD ON TOP END AND LACKS THROTTLE RESPONSE. I COULD ASSUME LIKE EVERY OTHER POST ABOUT SITTING FOR EXTENDED PERIODS , I REMOVED AND CLEANED THE CARB. WHAT I OBSERVED WAS SOME VARNISH BUT NOT TOO BAD. THE ACCELERATOR PUMP SEEMED TO STICK A LITTLE BIT BUT WAS FREE AFTER CLEANING. I CLEANED AND BLEW OUT THE PILOT AND MAIN JETS. THE MAIN WAS 127.5 AND THE BIKE HAS NO MODS. ALSO WHAT IS SUSPICIOUS IS THE BIKE RUNS GOOD WITH THE CHOKE ON , ANY IDEAS WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS CONDITION? ANY ADVISE IS APPRECIATED. PS HAS A MIKUNI E3 CARB. THANKS:banghead:

OK I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO START TO LOOK FOR THE PROBLEM. I JUST BOUGHT THIS BIKE AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER COULD'NT GIVE ME MUCH HISTORY ABOUT THE BIKE OTHER THAN IT HADN'T BEEN RODE IN 18MOS.

THE BIKE SPUDDERS BAD ON TOP END AND LACKS THROTTLE RESPONSE. I COULD ASSUME LIKE EVERY OTHER POST ABOUT SITTING FOR EXTENDED PERIODS , I REMOVED AND CLEANED THE CARB. WHAT I OBSERVED WAS SOME VARNISH BUT NOT TOO BAD. THE ACCELERATOR PUMP SEEMED TO STICK A LITTLE BIT BUT WAS FREE AFTER CLEANING. I CLEANED AND BLEW OUT THE PILOT AND MAIN JETS. THE MAIN WAS 127.5 AND THE BIKE HAS NO MODS. ALSO WHAT IS SUSPICIOUS IS THE BIKE RUNS GOOD WITH THE CHOKE ON , ANY IDEAS WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS CONDITION? ANY ADVISE IS APPRECIATED. PS HAS A MIKUNI E3 CARB. THANKS:banghead:

Sounds like the pilot circuit is plugged -- you'll need to pull out the pilot jet again, then blow out the pilot circuit in the carb. body. If you spray carb. cleaner into the hole where the pilot jet came out of, you should be able to see carb. cleaner come out the hole where the pilot screw came out from (or vice versa.) Keep cleaning until all circuits are clean & try it again.

I have a old crock pot that has a solution of Mean Green in it that I heat up and dunk the carb in. Always does a good job of cleaning and doesnt hurt any of the rbber parts. One more idea, sometimes its easier and not that much money to just buy new jets. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Hey, thanks guys , any advise is appreciated. Havn't had time to tinker with it , but when i do I will let you know how it turns out. thanks again