Sign in to follow this  

YZ125 throttle cable

This may be a stupid question but im not able to find any answers via google and all the parts stores are currently closed. Looking at the local motorcycle parts store website they have "UNIVERSAL TWIST-GRIP THROTTLE CABLES" but i dont see any specific ones for my '99 yz125. Are throttle cables pretty standard across bikes/models? I dont want to pick one up and have it be to short/long or wrong the wrong size.

Any input on this would be appreciated! thanks!

This may be a stupid question but I'm not able to find any answers via goggle and all the parts stores are currently closed. Looking at the local motorcycle parts store website they have "UNIVERSAL TWIST-GRIP THROTTLE CABLES" but i don't see any specific ones for my '99 yz125. Are throttle cables pretty standard across bikes/models? I don't want to pick one up and have it be to short/long or wrong the wrong size.

Any input on this would be appreciated! thanks!

I've never bought aftermarket cables for any machine I have owned.I would only use OEM unless your in a pinch then I would try aftermarket.OEM are sure to work and are not usually expensive.

Measure yours and look at what ends it has, Problem solved. or just buy one online.

i was gonna be working in the area where my local motorcycle shop is and was not sure i would have time before leaving.

I've never bought aftermarket cables for any machine I have owned.I would only use OEM unless your in a pinch then I would try aftermarket.OEM are sure to work and are not usually expensive.

Yea i will prob end up ordering one online. I was kinda inpatient and was gonna be in the area of the local shop. When i posted the shop was already closed so i could not order and ask if they had any in stock.

Thanks everyone and I appreciate all yours guys's responses :smirk: