[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Cortech Tribag saddlebags

I'm trying to find some Cortech Tribag saddle bags. Every retailer I've checked (everyone one I could find) is out of stock, as is the manufacturer. Anyone happen to have some they are thinking about selling?

Anyone have any experience with a different kind of soft bag that is comparable that they really like? Ive already got the cortech tribag tailbag so I'd like to stick with cortech but if it comes down to it I'd get something else.

Thanks

I'm trying to find some Cortech Tribag saddle bags. Every retailer I've checked (everyone one I could find) is out of stock, as is the manufacturer. Anyone happen to have some they are thinking about selling?

Anyone have any experience with a different kind of soft bag that is comparable that they really like? Ive already got the cortech tribag tailbag so I'd like to stick with cortech but if it comes down to it I'd get something else.

Thanks

I did a google search anf found them in stock at:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/cortech-sport-saddlebags?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Luggage&utm_keyword=cortech-sport-saddlebags

Yeah, those are the sport bags. Im looking for the standard tri bag saddle bags. Thanks for lookig though!

Sweet- I think there is a set of those in my future. Any suggestions on a frame/ support to keep away from exhaust, etc??? :smirk:

Interesting. Also, how did you secure them to the bike?

You have to modify the top a bit for it to work. The rings at the bottom I connect to the passenger peg bracket wth a velcro straps. and that is about it

You have to modify the top a bit for it to work. The rings at the bottom I connect to the passenger peg bracket wth a velcro straps. and that is about it

Is there any chance you could post a picture or two of the mods?? :smirk:

Thanks

I've run the Cortech saddlebags for several years on a couple different bikes, including the DR650. They work very well but there are some very good alternatives. Mine are really beat after two Baja trips:

i-GJk4Q8v-L.jpg

i-S4xVqqC-L.jpg

I also have the below bags. Technic. Cheap and big but not good.

461594203_cZ8nh-L.jpg

Technic bags ... may not be available now.

DSCN2809.jpg

I saw these Nelson-Rigg bags on the big DR650 thread on ADV and they will be my next set of bags. Model is CL-850. Also look at Givi soft bags. They make one set that is really nice, can't recall model number (maybe 420 or something?)

DSCN2808.jpg

Nelson-Rigg CL-850

DSCN2810.jpg

Nelson-Rigg CL-850

I was looking at those Nelson Rigg Bags. They are huge and Id tend to use all the room I could... weight would become an issue I think. lol My biggest gripe with them is that they are a side opening bag. Ive used that kind before and found them to be kind of a PIA. Some people might like them better but they arent for me.

Ive been looking pretty hard at the motocentric sport saddle bags. Though, I can't find any to look at in person. I hate buying blind and hoping for the best. Ive seen the Cortech bags and know I like them.

I just found a set of Cortech bags on Ebay and bought them. There is another brand new set on ebay right now too. If anyone is looking for them those would be a good bet.

Ive heard rumors that Cortech is changing the design and they wont be available for a few more months.

Yea, those Nelson-Rigg bags are huge. I'd only use them for extended travel. For rides up to 10 days the Cortech bags work out pretty good. You definitely don't want bags that encourage you to take more than you need.:prof:

Couple things to be aware of with the Cortech bags:

1. The Zippers leak a bit.

2. To avoid the hassle of the rain covers (they do work) I used Scotch Guard ... works for a while but they will eventually leak in constant wet after a few days. The rain covers work if they are put on right ... and you don't lose them! :smirk:

3. In super dirty, dusty conditions, dirt gets into the Cortech bags.

This brings up another point and may convince you side opening bags aren't so bad. (I prefer top opening also)

Inner bags. I use inner bags ... always. Even reusable shopping bags can work but there are many types that can work as an inner bag. Find ones that fit the shape/size of the soft luggage. This means with side opening bags all your stuff does not fall out on the ground ... you just grab the inner bag and go.

With inner bags stuff stays clean(er) ... and drier. But the best part is when you get to a Motel ... or even a camp ground, you leave the panniers on the bike and just grab the inner bags and go. Quick and easy for Unpack/Pack routine which gets so tiresome on the road. I've used inner bags with side opening hard bags ... much better.

In Mexico I don't leave loaded bags on the bike overnight, with inner bags its quick and easy and into your room. Don't have to unstrap panniers, velcro and such. Saves lots of time. Just an idea.

Hope you can post a pic when you get your set up all loaded up on the bike.

:smirk:

Good info 54321, thanks. I hadnt thought about scotch guarding them. Duh! :smirk: I do have a few ideas about an inner bag though. If I cant find anything purpose built or suitable, I'm going to cut down one of those heavy duty thick black trash bags. The idea being to make it just tall enough to roll over the the top to seal out moisture. If I can find a white bag thats is as thick I'll use that. Or line the the black bag with a white bag so I can see my stuff inside better. Not sure if it will help or not, but I know with all black saddle bags seeing into the bottom and finding odds and ends can be tough.

Anyway, we're planning a trip soon, so I'll have her loaded up and ready to go by the weekend hopefully. Pics to follow...