Sign in to follow this  

Having trouble installing Clarke Gas Tank!

I got it on but I can't seem to get the second smaller fuel line on. It seems too short and that the petcock is too far away now unless the tube is kinked or something. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

FTBcs.jpg

That's not a fuel line.it's the vacuum line from the carb to enable the petcock to function properly.you should be able to reroute the line to give you some extra length to hook it up as i recall when i did mine many,many moons ago.

I had the same problem....some guys were able to "reverse" the line...its a vent line by the way...swap it top to bottom and make it work.

I went to the auto parts store and bought a longer piece of fuel line....its heavier than vacuum / vent line but serves the purpuse.

Good Luck.

Oh, I just realized something else. I forgot to wash out the inside with some gas to get any plastic dust out. Is that so important that I should probably take the whole thing apart and do it?

Oh, I just realized something else. I forgot to wash out the inside with some gas to get any plastic dust out. Is that so important that I should probably take the whole thing apart and do it?

I would....I put mine on just 1 month ago....there was some dust/shavings in it.

It would be a good idea......

By the way, is that long clean looking tube coming down the right side from the carb that goes out to nothing the one that should be plugged with a screw now that the evap system is no longer used?

I do not know about the "evap" stuff....but I am pretty sure that needs to be left open.

I think we unitentionally confused you. The small "black" line pulls a vacuum on a daiphram in the petcock, that is why fuel will not flow unless the motor is running.

The carb still needs to vent the to atmosphere, that it the clear line.

Someone correct me if I am wrong........