Sign in to follow this  

Wrist Braces?

Hey ladies,

Do any of you know a good wrist brace for a right wrist? I screwed mine up like 5 weeks ago and well the brace I got form the Doc blows for riding and we even tried making the throttle a 1/4 turn but it's to sketchy on the track like that :prof: and with the new series running the dirt section I don't think riding without it will be to smart :smirk:

Thanks for any help :smirk:

hey I dont know how much bracing you need, but I have a simple neoprene wrist wrap that has like a one inch by 6 inch stiff (I hear you laughing:D) plastic insert--which I took that out. BUt I remember also using a bandana to warp around the wrist then cross across the palm and tie ont he back of the hand, that worked pretty good and wasn't so bulky as the neoprene thing. It took some experimenting to get it tied just the right tightness to let me twist the throttle but still give support. I put my glove on first then put the bandana on. Taping the wrist worked good too, and wasn't bulky.

Like I said try it out first to get it how you like it, dont' just wrap it up and go ride, because it won't feel right and you'll have to stop a bunch anyways:D

THe stuff above is when I broke my scaphoid, and I was back riding in 1.5 months--which I went real slow and it was HARD.

What is wrong with your wrist? IF it's a sprain kind of thing I think you can get away with some sort of taping? Give it a try. The bulk of a wrist brace blows for throttle control.

hey I dont know how much bracing you need, but I have a simple neoprene wrist wrap that has like a one inch by 6 inch stiff (I hear you laughing:D) plastic insert--which I took that out. BUt I remember also using a bandana to warp around the wrist then cross across the palm and tie ont he back of the hand, that worked pretty good and wasn't so bulky as the neoprene thing. It took some experimenting to get it tied just the right tightness to let me twist the throttle but still give support. I put my glove on first then put the bandana on. Taping the wrist worked good too, and wasn't bulky.

Like I said try it out first to get it how you like it, dont' just wrap it up and go ride, because it won't feel right and you'll have to stop a bunch anyways:D

THe stuff above is when I broke my scaphoid, and I was back riding in 1.5 months--which I went real slow and it was HARD.

What is wrong with your wrist? IF it's a sprain kind of thing I think you can get away with some sort of taping? Give it a try. The bulk of a wrist brace blows for throttle control.

Thanks Celeste :smirk:

Oh just fractured... no biggie... Just need something for my next race as the dirt section is now open and mandatory :smirk: and really don't want to adjust the throttle again as that was scary only having a 1/8 to 1/4 throttle :lol:

BTW... you need to come up for the race in Aug on the 19th and 20th.... it's a big one with racers from all over are to be there..:prof:

dang Deb, be careful--in all my broken wrists in the few months right after I'd have times when they would freeze up, if I was on a bike it was whiskey throttle (or else I drop crap and break stuff). I was thinking at my hand to let go but it wouldn't. becareful!!

where is the race?

dang Deb, be careful--in all my broken wrists in the few months right after I'd have times when they would freeze up, if I was on a bike it was whiskey throttle (or else I drop crap and break stuff). I was thinking at my hand to let go but it wouldn't. becareful!!

where is the race?

Yes mine locks at times and has the last 2 years :lol: but I just try and relax :smirk:

Race is at Pacific Grand Prix in Kent WA :prof:

Oh a simular topic, Debi what do you do for your knee? I've had some knee stuff recently...

For now tape and knee braces :smirk: I need new braces but keep blowing them off for well more bike stuff for racing :lol:

Tomorrow is a test for me as we are doing a few hundred mile Hooli ride so I will see how I can handle the pounding from the dirt and stairs :lol: