looking for stock 450r exhaust

I have a 2006 450x and want to put a stock 450r exhaust on . I heard that there is a year that would fit my 450x but not sure what year it was.? Does anyone know what year would fit? just want the exhaust part not the header. Has anyone done this already?

thanks for the help

:smirk:

I have a 2006 450x and want to put a stock 450r exhaust on . I heard that there is a year that would fit my 450x but not sure what year it was.? Does anyone know what year would fit? just want the exhaust part not the header. Has anyone done this already?

thanks for the help

:smirk:

You need the 2005 450R muffler to fit your X. Many have done this, including myself. Read the stickies and re-jet the bike if you have not done so already.

Or buy something non OEM.... check out the LEXX stuff on ebay, rocky mountain. I think you will need the one with the mid pipe.....

You need the 2005 450R muffler to fit your X. Many have done this, including myself. Read the stickies and re-jet the bike if you have not done so already.

Thanks Ivan. I jetted the bike when i bought it but never changed the exaust, it is stock. What do you think. Will i need to re- jet if i change to the r exhust? Does it have any noticable change when you put the r exhuast?

thanks for your help and quick response

Thanks Ivan. I jetted the bike when i bought it but never changed the exaust, it is stock. What do you think. Will i need to re- jet if i change to the r exhust? Does it have any noticable change when you put the r exhuast?

thanks for your help and quick response

I ran the 170 main jet with the R muffler. I noticed the bike revved quicker but I got lazy at re-packing so I put the X muffler back on. All you may want to do is turn out the fuel screw to two and a half turns out if you have a rich main jet already in place. Also, be sure to get the muffler gasket to fit nice and snug or you will have popping on deceleration. :smirk:

Sounds good. I have a 165 main in there now. Might turn it out like you said and give it a try. Need to try to find an 05 exhaust now.

appreciate your help

Ken

I ran the 170 main jet with the R muffler. I noticed the bike revved quicker but I got lazy at re-packing so I put the X muffler back on. All you may want to do is turn out the fuel screw to two and a half turns out if you have a rich main jet already in place. Also, be sure to get the muffler gasket to fit nice and snug or you will have popping on deceleration. :smirk:

Ivan, do you know if an 03 , 04 ,05 crf450r mufflers would fit the 2006 crf450x. The reason im asking is a found an 03 or sale.

thnaks

Ken

Ivan, do you know if an 03 , 04 ,05 crf450r mufflers would fit the 2006 crf450x. The reason im asking is a found an 03 or sale.

thnaks

Ken

Only the 2005 450R muffler willl fit perfectly. You can also use the 2006 450R muffler, but one mounting bracket out of three will not line up. It took me a long time to find an '05R muffler and a lot of sellers don't know what they have or lie about it. Good luck with your search, man. :smirk:

There is one for sale on crf stuff right now!

Can you tell me the web site?

thanks

I have the stock 450r pipe on my X and I not only put a couple of huge dents in it (in freezer now) but also it appears it is twisted a bit and out of round. Couple of questions here..... Can I use and after market 05 R header with the stock muffler (after markets are a dime a dozen used) and will it perform as good?

I have the stock 450r pipe on my X and I not only put a couple of huge dents in it (in freezer now) but also it appears it is twisted a bit and out of round. Couple of questions here..... Can I use and after market 05 R header with the stock muffler (after markets are a dime a dozen used) and will it perform as good?

An aftermarket 2005 450R header will fit the stock X muffler. However, note that the stock X header provides better torque over the stock R header while the R header provides more mid range power. Thus, it depends what you want.

Thanks for the help on the exhaust. I bought the 05 exhaust only yesterday.

Looked to be in good shape.

thanks

Ivan -

I Kinda have a dilema. I found a 2005 crf450r exhaust for my 2006 450x . Just waiting to get it in the mail. Meanwhile a friend of mine bought a 2009 450x and road it once. He has about 6 hrs on it and wants to sell it for 4500. I am thinking about buying it and just not sure? It is bone stock and looks like he has that pollution deal on the right side of the engine. Not sure what can be done with this. Im sure there are some modifications you can do. Let me know if you think this is a descent deal.

thanks

Ivan

disregard this if i sent it to you already.

Looking at buying a friend of mines bike. It is a 2009 450x. looks like it has some pollution stuff on the right side of the eingine. My 2006 does not have that. Can it be pulled off and blocked off? He wants 4500 for the bike . It has maybe 6hrs and is bone stock. Do you think this is a pretty good deal?

thanks for your help

Ivan

disregard this if i sent it to you already.

Looking at buying a friend of mines bike. It is a 2009 450x. looks like it has some pollution stuff on the right side of the eingine. My 2006 does not have that. Can it be pulled off and blocked off? He wants 4500 for the bike . It has maybe 6hrs and is bone stock. Do you think this is a pretty good deal?

thanks for your help

Sounds like a good deal. The device you are referring to is called a smog pump and can easily be disabled with some JB weld per Skoot22's 'Smog blockoff' sticky here in the forum.:smirk:

Sounds like a good deal. The device you are referring to is called a smog pump and can easily be disabled with some JB weld per Skoot22's 'Smog blockoff' sticky here in the forum.:smirk:

Thanks Ivan

Great post and great info from you guys. One more question for you. Would that 2005 450r pipe fit that 2009 450x, or would i have to get a different year . ?

thanks again

Ken:thumbsup:

One more question for you. Would that 2005 450r pipe fit that 2009 450x, or would i have to get a different year . ?

thanks again

Ken:thumbsup:

The 2005 450R muffler will fit the 2009 X and any other X. :smirk: