Striating the front wheel

I took a little fall and the front wheel does not line up strait. It appears the wheel os of only a half inch or so. How do I re-align the wheel?

If you have access to the owners manual, it explanes how to re-align the front end. I can remember most of it. You need to losen the pinch bolts on the axel, torque the right side pinch bolts and bounce the front end up and down compressing the forks. Torque the left axel pinch bolts. Usually what I do to square up the forks is losen the pinch bolts on the forks one side at a time and re-torque them. You should hear them crackle as you losen them and re-torque them. Everything usually goes back into place.

Most likely, the fork turned in the clamps during the crash which makes the wheel not straight. If so, loosen the fork leg pinch bolts, visually re-align the wheel (face the handle bar, squeeze the front wheel with your knees and turn the handle bars until wheel is straight). Torque the clamps (lower pinch bolts at 15 lbs and upper pinch bolts at 16 lbs).

I may be wrong though, and Charlie may be right?

Most likely, the fork turned in the clamps during the crash which makes the wheel not straight. If so, loosen the fork leg pinch bolts, visually re-align the wheel (face the handle bar, squeeze the front wheel with your knees and turn the handle bars until wheel is straight). Torque the clamps (lower pinch bolts at 15 lbs and upper pinch bolts at 16 lbs).

I may be wrong though, and Charlie may be right?

Who cares who's wrong or right. By the time he's done, it should be straight regardless!