drz 400s fender mod

hey all i was just looking through the TT store and keep thinking the acerbis sm fender would look alot nicer than my scratched up factory one but i was wondering if it looks funny on a bike with full size knobbies as opposed to the sm tires? also does the acerbis blue match my blue drz well? thanks!?

The blue should match so long as your plastics aren't overly faded and so on...

I think it would look a bit stubby and funny with full knobby tires but that's my opinion.

As they're so short they don't really do a good job of keeping mud and water etc from flying up into your face I've been told.

I think that the SuMo fenders look alot better than the big ol floppy S fenders.

That said, I absolutely HATED riding off road with an SM fender when I was running knobbies, it just flung crap everywhere, including into my face. On road it wasn't an issue, until winter came and then salt and sand and slush ended up everywhere again.

I have the ufo fender on my Drz400s. I love it. Looks way cool, although different, and and not as radical as the acerbis. The best view is when your riding and you can look almost straight down at the road without that fender in the way. It makes the bike so much faster. Okay, feel so much faster. The front end looks so small and easy to wheelie. Yes, it is dirtier off road, but for me, well worth it. Scott Summers used to trim his front fender to see what is in front of his wheel. In the winter there is so much road spray from other cars it doesn't really matter what fender you have, and seriously, how often does one ride in the winter in New York.