Sign in to follow this  

Suspension on 2007 TE-510

Ok , I'm a newbie. So be gentle. I have a 2007 TE-510 with the front forks seals leaking. I have the new seals but I have several questions, also I don't have any kind of manual. First , what weight of fork oil is recommended and how much oil do you put in the tube. Should the tube be fully extended when filling. Any advise would greatly appreciated.:smirk::smirk:

Ok , I'm a newbie. So be gentle. I have a 2007 TE-510 with the front forks seals leaking. I have the new seals but I have several questions, also I don't have any kind of manual. First , what weight of fork oil is recommended and how much oil do you put in the tube. Should the tube be fully extended when filling. Any advise would greatly appreciated.:smirk::smirk:

5wt to 10wt Oil. I use 7.5 wt. which is what the manual recommends.

Fill tube with the fork compressed and spring out. Actuate the rod 15-20 times and refill and repeat. Then actuate the outer leg 10-15 time being careful not go go full extension.

Hieght for oil (stock ) is 120MM from top. I use the top of a squirt bottle and mark the tube 120mm from the bottom. Then slide the tube into the fork and pump out excess oil. Works Great!!

Oh - and you might want to check this link out. :prof:

http://docs.husqvarnaoutlet.com/manuals//2007%20E-Series%20250-450-510%20Repair.pdf

Oh - And this one!

http://docs.husqvarnaoutlet.com/manuals//Marzocchi%20Shocks-Shiver%2050%20Manual.pdf

Thank's for the web sites & information. I need to order the fork oil , so will a qt for each tube ok. Just want to make sure I have enough before I start this project.:smirk::worthy:

Thank's for the web sites & information. I need to order the fork oil , so will a qt for each tube ok. Just want to make sure I have enough before I start this project.:smirk::worthy:

Should be plenty. Tuner I used said that any fork oil will work fine.