Sign in to follow this  

renthal twinwall carmichael blue or black?

Ok guys, I need to order new bars tonight and mounts. I can't decide if I should get blue or black for my 09 250f. I'm going to be changing the engine plugs and all to blue, and if i ever need new rims I'll be getting blue talon hubs to go with em (black excel rim). bike is stock black/green plastics, with possibility of black ones later on.

what are your thoughts?

I really can't decide on this one! i've never seen the blue bars in person, and no one here has them as they were discontinued for that model I've been told, so going to motosport it up probably (haven't checked tt for shipping to canada). seeing as i'm ordering em tonight give me some opinions or pics if you have renthal twinwalls in blue on your kx! :smirk:

thanks!

james

Edited by iggle

me personally i think blue looks really good on the kawi's , id go for the blue with blue engine plugs and eventually blue hubs. just my 2 cents

oh yea, forgot. have some cv4 blue hoses also chilling in my garage (gonnainstall after i move in a month, have too much to do right now).

I agree, blue looks great on them, im just not too sure if blue handlebars would be pushing it :smirk: trying to find a picture of an 08 or up with them but no luck D:

pretty much have the same color scheme as you... running factory kawasaki graphics from One Industries, blue radiator hoses, engine plugs, brake cable clamp, axle blocks and few things here and there. gonna get blue hubs soon, and i went with the RC bend twinwalls in black...i like it a lot

pretty much have the same color scheme as you... running factory kawasaki graphics from One Industries, blue radiator hoses, engine plugs, brake cable clamp, axle blocks and few things here and there. gonna get blue hubs soon, and i went with the RC bend twinwalls in black...i like it a lot

sweet, thats what I've decided on. i mocked it up fast and its just a little too much, i find. im sure it's not as bad in person but black twinwalls shoudl look great!

I have some blue twinwalls on my 09 kxf and love them. I think they probably look the best. I can take some pictures tonight when I get home from work tonight if you want to see what they look like.

I am going to say blue as well. Im thinking about rocking the blue tag bars since I have all the things you have already mentioned in blue.

Ill post a pic when I get home. The blue/green look rocks on Kawis.

awesome, pics would be sick guys! It will help me put a final answer on this! I decided black thinking blue was too much but with all you guys saying you have them i'm very interested in seeing it so I can decide. Thanks!

james

Thank you. The kit is from MGX unlimited. They were great to work with. They have a few semi custom kits that have blue mixed in. I spent a long time searching for just the right look.

how does the powder coating hold up on your hubs? Thinking I may just do that rather then buy new hubs for the time being. Just bought a house, so trying not to blow money for no reason :smirk:

The PC is pretty darn durable. Its been on my bike for 3 months and I ride track once or twice a week. Unlacing and lacing the wheel is a PITA to do but oh well. Its not that hard if you follow some of the DYI threads on this site.

You know know someone with the PC gun and stuff its a plus. Did mine for just the price of the powder and a case of beer. :smirk:

good stuff! I'll check around - gf dad owns a garage and has 'people' for everything from a mechanic ho used to be a bike mechanic (handy having my own mechanic:p) to a lobster guy. I guess owning a forklift place has it's benefits! I'll see if he knows someone :smirk:!

Havent ridden in 3 weeks sunday due to rain and a broken thumb, can finall yride and I think my friend's goign to flake... so pissed! lol