Sign in to follow this  

2012 RM-Z's

No info on them yet..... Do you think it will be a fresh design?? It's been virtually the same since 08'..

i bet BNG and you will be lucky to see one.

They have changed quite a bit, actually. They only look the same. Which is good for us guys with the older ones!!

what would you change? it has an amazing package nOw. maybe some more trick accent pieces on it..maybe a launch control system like the KXF.. Now that sounds trick

what would you change? it has an amazing package nOw.

if it was the same weight as a CRF450, it would be very good, but thats not gonna happen.

I heard the 450 was getting a big make over from a local suzuki dealer. suzuki usually run a 4 year model cycle so maybe something good could come.

if it was the same weight as a CRF450, it would be very good, but thats not gonna happen.

Yes but Honda can't get the CRF to turn like an RMZ so i will take the weight hit for handling performance. :smirk:

Yes but Honda can't get the CRF to turn like an RMZ so i will take the weight hit for handling performance. :smirk:

have you ridden the 2011 honda?

I haven't ridden one and I do not put a lot of stock into what the press writes about bikes. But when every article ever printed about the 2010 & 2011 CRF450 says that it doesn't handle very well and that the RMZ450 will knife under it every time, well, eventually you have to start believing that they are on to something.

Ad's by Pro Circuit, Race Tech and anyone else selling suspension goodies claiming to "fix" the CRF's handling doesn't help their cause either.

I have! The RMZ out corners the Honda it also handles far better then the Honda.

Edited by racertodd

I have the and the RMZ out corners the Honda it also handles far better then the Honda.

Cool thread. I have both the 11 CRF450 and 11 RMZ450. For me both bikes have their main advantages. For the Honda that is lightweight and an almost 250 2-stroke like agility. For the RMZ it corners like no other 450F and is so easy to ride. In terms of lap times I am usually 2~3 secs per lap quicker on the RMZ. Suzuki sure has that handling thing figured out:thumbsup:

Mxengineer,

How many hours do you have on your RMZ? I have 40 on mine so far and haven't had a single issue! It has been a very enjoyable bike to own and ride thats for sure.

Mxengineer,

How many hours do you have on your RMZ? I have 40 on mine so far and haven't had a single issue! It has been a very enjoyable bike to own and ride thats for sure.

A little over 10 hours on my RMZ450 so far and no issues at this time. Going to try a new Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 on the RMZ soon to make it even easier to ride:ride:

DSCN2325.jpg

Those rekluse's are good things thats for sure. You should also try a 51 tooth rear sprocket. I prefer that to the stock gearing, and also a a 1.6 radiator cap from a RMZ 250.

Those rekluse's are good things thats for sure. You should also try a 51 tooth rear sprocket. I prefer that to the stock gearing, and also a a 1.6 radiator cap from a RMZ 250.

Got the optional 1.6 radiator cap and also have a bigger sprocket to try out. I did install a new FMF RCT 4.1 muffler with SA (stock header) and think it kind of took a little repsonse away. I have not tried out the richer and leaner EFI map couplers yet...might try the leaner one with the FMF and see if it livens it back up again.

What do you prefer about the 51 tooth rear sprocket? I'm considering a gearing change and am trying to decide what to go with on my '11 RMZ450.

Cool thread. I have both the 11 CRF450 and 11 RMZ450. For me both bikes have their main advantages. For the Honda that is lightweight and an almost 250 2-stroke like agility. For the RMZ it corners like no other 450F and is so easy to ride. In terms of lap times I am usually 2~3 secs per lap quicker on the RMZ. Suzuki sure has that handling thing figured out:thumbsup:

I am thinking about switching from an RMZ to a Honda because of the weight difference. You like the Honda because of its weight and 2 stroke like agility but the RMZ turns better. Can you ellaborate on that and the differences between the two bikes as far as cornering and overall handling?

Mwrmz,

I prefer the 51 tooth as it makes 3rd a bit more usable on tighter tracks. If thats what you ride I'd definitely give it a go.