Sign in to follow this  

Just looked at the 2011 Ragas

And yes, they are calling it the 011 Raga. We had heard it was going to be called the 2012 Raga. I love the gold:worthy:, hate the black and white.:smirk: I have been holding out until the 012s-011s (Ragas) came out to make up my mind about a new bike this year. After seeing and reading about the new Raga, it seems like a lot of stuff that will be of no use to me (Advanced rider, riding the Sen. Ad. class) Guess I will keep my 05 280 Pro one more year. Has anyone else seen this bike? I'm I way behind everyone? :smirk: I got to stay off that Pro Racing Thread!! Takes up to much of my time:banghead:

TD

Well DD Im excited About the 12, I have been pondering a new bike myself.. The BLACK & WHITE IS AWESOME !!!!!! I never cared for the gold frame... Whats not to like about this ... ?????

th_gg12.jpg

CHAD:cheers:

Chad, just don't like the color combo. Everyone says the new bikes are so much better than ours, 05s, I don't know if "much better" = "much money" Thank i'll wait one more year. Maybe find a used 011.

TD

hey guys im new to this sport and just wondering if a new bike is for me... I ride mostly single track and love it but I find my 450x too much bike. Recently my buddies are all getting into trails. They all have Beta's but I live near a GG dealer. Im in Canada so used bikes are not that easy to come buy and a good one still runs around 5k for a 2009 GG. So im thinking of going new right off that bat. Mistake?

Whats the difference in a GG Pro and Just the Rega?

All the dealers got a letter with an announcement proclaiming the new Ragas will be a 12 model year. Seems like someone forgot to tell the PR guys at GG. John Shirt calls it a 2011 - so I kinda think it may stick. I kinda wonder if GG didnt get some negative feedback regarding the change and re-think its position.

In terms of the new bikes - if you ride one and it grabs your sole, then its worth it. If it doesnt - it isnt. All the bikes from all the MFG's made in the last 10 years are MORE than capable. I think the Black/white is too Beta looking for my tastes. Im holding out for a Chrome plated frame - oh wait, thats been done...:smirk:

I think the Gold bikes look better in person than in photos - so maybe the B/W will be the same way. I know the RACE version is really sharp in Red/Black/Gold.

hey guys im new to this sport and just wondering if a new bike is for me... I ride mostly single track and love it but I find my 450x too much bike. Recently my buddies are all getting into trails. They all have Beta's but I live near a GG dealer. Im in Canada so used bikes are not that easy to come buy and a good one still runs around 5k for a 2009 GG. So im thinking of going new right off that bat. Mistake?

Whats the difference in a GG Pro and Just the Rega?

You really need to try them both (Beta vs GG) and see what you like. Both are really good bikes. The Raga is lighter than the Std Pro bikes as it uses Mg vs Al cases, X-light tires and the new Reiger shock only weights 1 1/2 pounds. It also has a larger carb - so makes more high rpm power. Usually, many of the new bling items (other than the Mg cases) find there way onto the next years Std bikes. The Raga has traditionally been the lightest bike available (by about 5-6 lbs) on the market until the new OSSA came along.

And yes, they are calling it the 011 Raga. We had heard it was going to be called the 2012 Raga. I love the gold:worthy:, hate the black and white.:smirk: After seeing and reading about the new Raga, it seems like a lot of stuff that will be of no use to me (Advanced rider, riding the Sen. Ad. class) TD

I have noticed different sites calling it different years- both concepts make sense, you would think they would get all release information on the same page. Last I looked GGUSA was still showing gold and calling it 2011.:smirk:

I am a piddly novice and could not possibly utilize the benifits this bike offers, but I am trying to promote trials in my area and one excuse for getting it is the bling factor- people that are into two wheels seem to notice a 'special' bike of any kind and I hope it will foster some questions and help me expose new folks to the sport.

Well DD Im excited About the 12, I have been pondering a new bike myself.. The BLACK & WHITE IS AWESOME !!!!!! I never cared for the gold frame... Whats not to like about this ... ?????

CHAD:cheers:

I committed to one several months ago, and I very much liked the gold. Not at all disappointed with the new color scheme. Very exciting ordering a bike and not even knowing what color its going to be:banana: Never saw a RAGA I didnt like!

I have noticed different sites calling it different years- both concepts make sense, you would think they would get all release information on the same page. Last I looked GGUSA was still showing gold and calling it 2011.:smirk:

I am a piddly novice and could not possibly utilize the benifits this bike offers, but I am trying to promote trials in my area and one excuse for getting it is the bling factor- people that are into two wheels seem to notice a 'special' bike of any kind and I hope it will foster some questions and help me expose new folks to the sport.

I committed to one several months ago, and I very much liked the gold. Not at all disappointed with the new color scheme. Very exciting ordering a bike and not even knowing what color its going to be:banana: Never saw a RAGA I didnt like!

Yea, a Raga is a RAGA!! IMO, best trials bike ever!! Only thing not to like is the color combo. Which, I know, doesn't make sense, but you like a bike or you don't, some of that, (for me is based on the looks of the bike.) I don't know how much higher class I'm going to be able to ride anyway. The small obstacles are holding me back from moving up. You know, not committing to the proper technique you know you have, because your afraid to use it in some places. :smirk: (because your OLD). As you can tell, I just got a BIG dose of HUMBLE PIE today. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. : A Raga rep. will not help, if your CHICKEN, (LIKE I WAS TODAY}!!!! I've been saying money is the issue, guess when it comes down to it , its ME, or, maybe; A LACK OF ME!! Hey, I know, I should get my street bike, find some H.D. owners and dust them!! :prof: Two live across the street from me. Maybe that, will make me feel better.................. NO, I don't think so!!

TD

Edited by Darrell Davis

The small obstacles are holding me back from moving up. You know, not committing to the proper technique you know you have, because your afraid to use it in some places. :smirk: (because your OLD). As you can tell, I just got a BIG dose of HUMBLE PIE today. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. : A Raga rep. will not help, if your CHICKEN, (LIKE I WAS TODAY}!!!!

TD

Being a tad hard on yourself - if you had attempted something you were not comfortable with, and injured yourself...

Last summer I did a dumb move and ended up in bed and on crutches for several months- I wasnt being careful or cautious- I was NO FEAR (no brains).

I respect those that are smart enough to have learned something in life and are aware we dont bounce and bend like 14 year olds anymore. I'll take it a little easy today and hopefully ride tommorrow.

Stay in one piece- you have alot to offer the rest of us!

Being a tad hard on yourself - if you had attempted something you were not comfortable with, and injured yourself...

Last summer I did a dumb move and ended up in bed and on crutches for several months- I wasnt being careful or cautious- I was NO FEAR (no brains).

I respect those that are smart enough to have learned something in life and are aware we dont bounce and bend like 14 year olds anymore. I'll take it a little easy today and hopefully ride tommorrow.

Stay in one piece- you have alot to offer the rest of us!

Hey Gandalf , AS well as I know Darrell (re: being chicken ) there was probably a big puddle somewhere on the trail and he couldnt bring himself to ride through it !! LOL .. Right TWANG ??? LOL ... Chad:cheers:

Gandalf, thanks for the pep talk. Does make me feel better. Right Chad, but no puddles yesterday, I had my practice fenders on, and my skid plate covered. I have no excuses.

Twang