ultrasonic cleaner

Anybody use an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning suspension parts?

you mean ultra sound? used for cleaning engine internals?

you mean ultra sound? used for cleaning engine internals?

No...Ultra-Sonic Cleaner. It uses sonic waves to clean parts in a cleaning solution.

its good for cleaning near clean parts for gearsets and engine cases

I like the idea of non labor intensive cleaning of parts. I was amazed how it cleaned engine parts with so little effort. I just want to know if this method of cleaning is safe to on pistons, shims, shock bodies, and what not.

I use one for cleaning carbs, just take the bowl off and the float and needle valve out. Makes them run like new with almost no labor. Cleans the small passages out that would be almost impossible any other way.

i am sure i read in a popular tuner website the use one of them to clean the parts when they are apart!!

:smirk:

i am sure i read in a popular tuner website the use one of them to clean the parts when they are apart!!

I've seen it in action- wish i had never seen it though

everytime I get one of those offroader shocks that has never seen a bath :smirk:

all I can think about is that dang machine and how could I afford it :prof:

well, it must give you a more full feeling of thouroughness :smirk:

well, it must give you a more full feeling of thouroughness :smirk:

I think you need one big enough to put the tubes in. I would love find me one.

"They" sell a long container, goes for around a grand.:smirk:

i read that tubes can be cleaned in a lathe, which another expensive tool, but more people may have one for general fabrications.....

and maybe have a small one for dissasembled parts!!!!

whats a good practice if you do with neither of those??

I use my wife's (she loves this...) ultra-sonic jewelry cleaner for small parts (single carb like my son's PW-50) or anything else I can fit in there that needs to be cleaned.

I got one for free from work(they were upgrading) UltraMat. Not big enough for large parts, but definitely not consumer jewelery grade either. Works great to clean up a disassembled 1911.