Motorcycle Shop North of the Twin Cities

Minnesota

Hey guys,

I've been living in Southern California for the past 2 years, and started riding while I was out here. I'm moving back to MN in a week and bringing the bike back with me. Does anyone know of any motorcycle shops, somewhere I can get parts and other accessories for my bike. These shops are a dime-a-dozen in So. Cal but I'm not familiar with any other shops other than the big ones, like tousley motorsports, motoprimo, etc. Anyone know of anything North of the twin cities, I live in Lino Lakes but I don't mind driving a little ways.

Thanks for any suggestions

Dennis Kirk is great as well for parts/accessories.

www.bobscycle.com

Best place in all of MN!

Looks like a nice place, I'll have to check out one of their locations. Which one do you recommend?

Dennis Kirk is great as well for parts/accessories.

I've never ordered anything out of dennis kirk, I'm not to confident with selecting the right part and correctly placing the order.

I've never ordered anything out of dennis kirk, I'm not to confident with selecting the right part and correctly placing the order.

You can go to their warehouse/store up in Pine City. They also have a scratch-and-dent building close by.

You can go to their warehouse/store up in Pine City. They also have a scratch-and-dent building close by.

O really, I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. That's another good option

Yeah, I sometimes go up there if I want to try a helmet on or fit a piston to a cylinder before I buy it.

As far dealers Larson Cycle in Cambridge is good and supports the sport!

Looks like a nice place, I'll have to check out one of their locations. Which one do you recommend?

The one in St. Paul is the main store, so that's for sure the bigger/better one.

to eliminate confusion it's in Rush City I would also recommend Tm2 in Brooklyn Park not sure of the address but the # is 763-315-0200 talk to Todd he's the owner

+1 They have quite a bit of aftermarket stuff on hand as well.

to eliminate confusion it's in Rush City I would also recommend Tm2 in Brooklyn Park not sure of the address but the # is 763-315-0200 talk to Todd he's the owner

Oh wow, I can't believe I said Pine city, lol. Thanks for fixing that.

Starpowersports.com is where I get all of my parts.

Hey guys,

I've been living in Southern California for the past 2 years, and started riding while I was out here. I'm moving back to MN in a week and bringing the bike back with me. Does anyone know of any motorcycle shops, somewhere I can get parts and other accessories for my bike. These shops are a dime-a-dozen in So. Cal but I'm not familiar with any other shops other than the big ones, like tousley motorsports, motoprimo, etc. Anyone know of anything North of the twin cities, I live in Lino Lakes but I don't mind driving a little ways.

Thanks for any suggestions

I live in Lino Lakes as well. A new shop opened up about a year ago in Centerville (very close to Lino Lakes) It is called Fastrax Motosports. They somewhat specialize in ATV's and Snowmobiles but I do buy a fair amount of dirt bike stuff there. Very close by. Good place to get stuff from parts unlimited. The owner Pat is a good guy.

http://www.fastraxmotorsportsinc.com/

I have had good luck with Dennis Kirk. My local dealers, not so much...

And if you're not sure how to look it up, they'll assist you.

I won't step foot in that place ever again. Liars, frauds, cheats and thieves.

Screwed me twice on machines (lied about having them in stock, when they were going to be ready, etc) and their parts department thinks that a clutch basket for a bike is a hood strap for a sled.

They do have some of the best OTD prices on machines in the area, but you get what you pay for......

Also, for those of you who ride up north, there is a Yamaha dealer located on the NW corner of the southern Sandstone exit. He don't have tons in stock, but he has levers, perches, goggles, lube, etc (you know, the stuff you break, forget, blah blah blah). But, he is mighty proud of his stuff when he hits it with the price gun......(IMHO at least).

The one in St. Paul is the main store, so that's for sure the bigger/better one.

If the one in Center City (or is it Chisago) doesn't have it on the floor, ask. Because that's their warehouse. :smirk:

I have had good luck with Dennis Kirk. My local dealers, not so much...

Same here. I've ordered from DK online and never had an issue with the orders. At times, their pricing is extremely difficult to beat. Especially when it comes to closeout clothing, etc.

I'll periodically buy from Waldoch's or Motoprimo. But, Motoprimo is too much of a drive unless I want to drool at the Ducs. Or, BMW's at Leo's South. :smirk:

Yes, and DK is the only store that I can say I got parts shipped to me the next day (ordered at 7pm and at my house noon the next day). If you order before 8pm they ship it out that day.

Yes, and DK is the only store that I can say I got parts shipped to me the next day (ordered at 7pm and at my house noon the next day). If you order before 8pm they ship it out that day.

And if you're doing a pick up at the warehouse, call ahead and place your order for "WILL CALL", that way all you have to do is walk in and give them your name, and your parts are already pulled instead of having to wait around.