Sign in to follow this  

IMS Tanks

I have a 09 650l and have been looking at the IMS 4 gallon tank. I've been searching for pictures of the tank in red and cant seem to find any.I was wondering if anyone on here had the IMS in red. Thanks

I have no need to ever carry 5.8 gallons. The most ill ever ride in a day is 130-150 miles. I live in New Jersey and ride the 650 in the pine barrons which is close to my house. Anybody have the IMS with pics?

IMS 4 gallon will only give you 100 miles before reserve, Clarke 4.7 about 150. These are just ball park numbers so? Really up to what range you are comfortable with? I hate the thought of pushing 350 lbs very far:busted:

I dont see how you would only get 100 miles on 4 gallons. Right now I get about 85miles before hitting reserve with the stock tank which is useing 2.2 gallons. So I would guess with amost double the amout of gas ill get more than 100 miles. Again im looking for pics of anyone with IMS

IMS 4.0

IMG_1017.jpg

Clarke 4.7

IMG_1398.jpg

Acerbis 5.8

IMG_1595.jpg

Not familiar with where you ride or how you ride but these mpg estimates are off road, sand, rocks pushing a good pace in AZ.

Thanks for the pics. My riding contains both street riding to get to the trails which are mostly fire roads, sand washs, and single track. Sometimes I can get 90 miles w/out reserve on just street rideing, but normally around 85 I fill up and take about 2.1 gallons. So im expecting atleast 130 miles