stupid question

Ummm..?...I believe what someone was trying to tell you is that maybe you would want a 200XC-w over a 200XC maybe...:prof: I'm not familiar with the ECW model but I'm thinking someone got their letters a little mixed up??

The "W" on any KTM model means it comes with a wide ratio gearbox.?

Ummm..?...I believe what someone was trying to tell you is that maybe you would want a 200XC-w over a 200XC maybe...:prof: I'm not familiar with the ECW model but I'm thinking someone got their letters a little mixed up??

The "W" on any KTM model means it comes with a wide ratio gearbox.?

yea i know the w menas wide but im pretty sure the xcw replaced the exc or they call them differnt names depending on the continents

Okee-dokee but I've never heard of the KTM's being renamed just because of where it's headed from the mfg. If you could find anything on the "ECW" model I would realy like to check it out because I've not heard of this???

Okee-dokee but I've never heard of the KTM's being renamed just because of where it's headed from the mfg. If you could find anything on the "ECW" model I would realy like to check it out because I've not heard of this???

what kinda info are you looking for on the bike?

if you go on the ktm website and you click on the north american and then on usa al the models are xcw ..now go back and click on europe then click on austria the exc models pop up.. im not sure if the usa has more restrictions so they change it up a little bit like they do with the jap cars..... i wonder if you can get the erope model bikes in the us

if you go on the ktm website and you click on the north american and then on usa al the models are xcw ..now go back and click on europe then click on austria the exc models pop up.. im not sure if the usa has more restrictions so they change it up a little bit like they do with the jap cars..... i wonder if you can get the erope model bikes in the us

I own an 250EXC but never heard of the ECW. That's what I was curious about since I thought I knew the models.

The USA does in fact have some restrictive laws, that's why we get the XC and XC-W models, they are considered off-road competition model by our EPA. The rest of the world does not have these kind of restrictions, so the XC-W get's lights and is sold as an EXC to the rest of the world. In some markets, it does come with different jetting and a catalytic converter and is sold as a street legal bike. The base bike, engine tune, tranny ratios, suspension settings are the same.

Back to your original post, I've never heard of an ECW model.

The USA does in fact have some restrictive laws, that's why we get the XC and XC-W models, they are considered off-road competition model by our EPA. The rest of the world does not have these kind of restrictions, so the XC-W get's lights and is sold as an EXC to the rest of the world. In some markets, it does come with different jetting and a catalytic converter and is sold as a street legal bike. The base bike, engine tune, tranny ratios, suspension settings are the same.

Back to your original post, I've never heard of an ECW model.

sorry i ment xcw and exc .. thats what i figured is the us had certain laws