Sign in to follow this  

I never saw this Army bike.

This 1998 Kawasaki KLR 250 was purchased by the U.S. Government and issued to the U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets) for the fight in Western Europe through the Cold War with Russia. :smirk: Silly me, here I thought that Regan was instrumental in cold war negotiations and I also thought the cold war ended in 91 w/ the collapse of The Soviet Union. :smirk:

Good find Ud.

MAX!!!

But..but..but..it has the military "black out" drive light and a stealth exhaust system so it has to be real and I'm sure if you did a history search of this bike you would find that the solider who rode it did a heroic mission and saved all of us from becoming communist!

the army has a warehouse full of snowmobiles at ft lewis

and the ranger bat had a motorpool full of XR's, I think they were 650L's, all blacked out like the buggies they had

Funny watching the training videos of the Rangers at Ft. Lewis trying to ride those KLR 650's through the sand.:smirk:

they may use klr's now, but when I was stationed there they were XR's

It is green? I think it is authentic! They should triple the price. What is blue book on a 98 KLR250 anyway. I have muffler packing and paint is cheap too. Let me know if you sell that thing for anywhere near 2800. Ha

This 1998 Kawasaki KLR 250 was purchased by the U.S. Government and issued to the U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets) for the fight in Western Europe through the Cold War with Russia. :smirk: Silly me, here I thought that Regan was instrumental in cold war negotiations and I also thought the cold war ended in 91 w/ the collapse of The Soviet Union. :smirk:

Good find Ud.

MAX!!!

Hey quit using historical fact to blow holes in this story.:prof:

A '98 model, for the Cold War???????? bwahahahaah!!!

I saw a few of those KLRs at Camp Pendleton when I was still in the Corps.

I remember reading about those in a magazine. Never saw one in person though.

Funny watching the training videos of the Rangers at Ft. Lewis trying to ride those KLR 650's through the sand.:smirk:

Are those vids on the web at all, gotta link? Would love to see some training vids

Just wait.... pretty soon we'll see one that the seller claims to have been used by Navy Seals when assasinating Obama Bin Laden.

For sale:

"SEAL TEAM SIX" Motorcycle.

$10,500 or best offer...:smirk: