Sign in to follow this  

weird phone call regarding my bike

ok so i have my pitbike on kijiji and im looking to buy a pitbike with a 140cc or 150cc, and this guy calls me, says "hey im calling about your pitbike," im like ok ya you wanna come look at it? he ignores the question and asks for the VIN number, i asked him why and he said to see if there was a lein or if it was stolen, so i text him the VIN, and he never replied, and i called him back to see if he wanted to look at it, and no reply. what was this all about? im assuming he has a pitbike stolen and wanted to see if mine was his. but i have the bill of sale and everything and it IS NOT STOLEN. oh well sorry for the rant....

ok so i have my pitbike on kijiji and im looking to buy a pitbike with a 140cc or 150cc, and this guy calls me, says "hey im calling about your pitbike," im like ok ya you wanna come look at it? he ignores the question and asks for the VIN number, i asked him why and he said to see if there was a lein or if it was stolen, so i text him the VIN, and he never replied, and i called him back to see if he wanted to look at it, and no reply. what was this all about? im assuming he has a pitbike stolen and wanted to see if mine was his. but i have the bill of sale and everything and it IS NOT STOLEN. oh well sorry for the rant....

i would have told the dude to kick rocks...lol...

Yes he is most likely looking for his stolen bike, If yours in on the up and up, no problem with giving him the number as far as I'm concerned. The guys dumb though, because if it were stolen the responder would have given him am incorrect number anyway, so the only way he could really tell is to look at the bike himself.

Yes he is most likely looking for his stolen bike, If yours in on the up and up, no problem with giving him the number as far as I'm concerned. The guys dumb though, because if it were stolen the responder would have given him am incorrect number anyway, so the only way he could really tell is to look at the bike himself.

yes i gave him the correct VIN and asked if he wanted to come take a look at it. no reply

I'm sure its a scam of some sort........

Remember, this is alberta. Lots of guys get called to go to work out in the boonies and don't necessarily have access to internet. Lots of guys I've dealt with before are out in the bush most of the time and make a trip into civilization once in a while.

Plenty of people out there simply don't have the decency to reply if they've lost interest in your item. Don't lose sleep over it.

Good luck finding a buyer. IMO kijiji is the preferred classified in AB.

Maybe he needed a new vin to stamp into his stolen bike.

Remember, this is alberta. Lots of guys get called to go to work out in the boonies and don't necessarily have access to internet. Lots of guys I've dealt with before are out in the bush most of the time and make a trip into civilization once in a while.

Plenty of people out there simply don't have the decency to reply if they've lost interest in your item. Don't lose sleep over it.

Good luck finding a buyer. IMO kijiji is the preferred classified in AB.

im not worried about him buying it or not. i think i might actually keep the thing. its just kind of weird how he only cared about the VIN

im not worried about him buying it or not. i think i might actually keep the thing. its just kind of weird how he only cared about the VIN

I dont blame you for being vigilant, with all the scams of people getting mortgages, credit cards and what ever else out there in this internet world, you have to have your back up wether your a buyer or seller.

i wouldnt worry about it.. i always ask for VINs if im going to look at a bike that is far away, so i dont waste my time if its not legit.

ps. it wasnt me who called about your bike.