2005 kx250 best bolt ons for higher end power?

Swap out the front sprocket for a 14t. Trust me, you won't loose any power. You'll have to grind the case saver a tad for the sprocket to fit or you can get a 14t optional case saver from Kawasaki. If you still want more top end (which you probobly won't) then look into aftermarket pipes. But the stock gearing is FUBAR on those.

effed up beyond recognition? you really think its that bad, as in too short? for the 07 kx250 test MXA says the gearing is too long, saying "you have to keep it pegged while upshifting to keep it in the powerband" i do think the gearing is a little short though.

ill probably just go down 2 sizes on the rear sprocket. now for pipes.. either fmf sst or pro circuit for more top end?

reeds anyone? not going to take apart the motor apart to port it, its has enough power, and only 3 hours total riding time. im just trying to move it up in the rpm scale a tad its just too jumpy in the bottom. maybe a flywheel weight may help out too..

Front sprockets are cheaper, that's why I went with it and it's basically the same as 3 teeth on the rear (which you'll need to cut the chain IIRC) I'm running 13/48 on my 05now. I ride both tight woods and MX, mostly MX. Could probobly go with a 49 but that's it. I got a crapload of wheelspin too with stock gearing. Before you go spend money on other stuff try the sprocket first. That steel rear will last a long time, I still have mine as a spare and it's good.

With my 07 I found the best mods for top end power were going back to the stock reed cage from the Vforce and a PC pipe with the r304 silencer. Don't forget jetting really close to the edge. To get good rev you can't be rich so go leaner but with going leaner you will encounter detonation so run Avgas or some race gas mixed with pump. I don't know why you would want to put a flywheel on it. With some simple experimenting you'll figure it out.

Swap out the front sprocket for a 14t. Trust me, you won't loose any power. You'll have to grind the case saver a tad for the sprocket to fit or you can get a 14t optional case saver from Kawasaki. If you still want more top end (which you probobly won't) then look into aftermarket pipes. But the stock gearing is FUBAR on those.

+1, I put a 14 on my 05, and it was a totally different bike.