Sign in to follow this  

Low profile knee guard

Do your self a favor and invest in Knee Braces. 661 has a nice pair that won't set you back. If you cant afford it, I guess something is better then nothing. 661 makes a good product.

I tried 2 diffrent brace style gaurds and didnt like them. I ended up getting the Kyle Straight ones you are asking about and couldnt be more happy. They are just basic knee guards but they fit well and they also have pads on the inside and outside of the knee. I highly recomend them.

I tried 2 diffrent brace style gaurds and didnt like them. I ended up getting the Kyle Straight ones you are asking about and couldnt be more happy. They are just basic knee guards but they fit well and they also have pads on the inside and outside of the knee. I highly recomend them.

I wear knee and shin guards from A-Star and they have been great protecting my knees in small crash impacts. Last month I had a MX accident that left me with my left leg tibia near the knee broken in 2 different spots which required surgery and 6 screws and a plate. My leg went the wrong way causing the fracture. I cant help but think if I had a good pair of knee braces this may have been prevented.

I wear knee and shin guards from A-Star and they have been great protecting my knees in small crash impacts. Last month I had a MX accident that left me with my left leg tibia near the knee broken in 2 different spots which required surgery and 6 screws and a plate. My leg went the wrong way causing the fracture. I cant help but think if I had a good pair of knee braces this may have been prevented.

maybe, but if the force was great enough, it could've caused your leg to break above or below where the knee brace stops. that energy has to go somewhere.

maybe, but if the force was great enough, it could've caused your leg to break above or below where the knee brace stops. that energy has to go somewhere.

That is what the doctor said. I'm on the fence with getting knee braces after I recover. Some guys wont ride without them, some wont touch them, kind of like neck braces.