Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Gentlemen....2012 will be the LAST YEAR for the 2-stroke YZ's

I think I've read this same post the past 3 or 4 years. Sad if it's finally true, but hopefully not the case. I love my YZ.

Not surprised, if it's true. They've sold the same bike since '06. KTM will gladly take their share of the market.

Hey maybe your yamaha rep has the winning lotto numbers too,lol.

heard this for years now

The YZ is a great machine, but it can't be viable unchanged forever, and I doubt they have any plans to update it, but they should.

The Europeans are doing such a good job with 2 strokes these days, I won't even miss the Japan builders. I think they're making a huge mistake to not get in the 2t XC game, my observation is that it's a growing market, the last ISDE I raced was a sea of orange, as is my favorite riding areas.

Not surprised, if it's true. They've sold the same bike since '06.

That was my first thought.

33 posts, smells like a troll

what's the reps name and phone number

It's called trying to make a sale. They tell you that it's the last one ever made so you buy it. This could be the end but I doubt it. Like other posts said "this isn't the first year we've heard this".

33 posts, smells like a troll

what's the reps name and phone number

Ryan Rooney is his name. Not sure of the #, my owner went to Ohio. He's a sales rep.

Not a troll, just the facts....

I wouldn't count on yamaha discontinuing a model because it is outdated. See Yamaha warrior, blaster, and banshee. 5 years is nothing for yamaha lol.

Hmm, haven't heard that rumor, but I have heard that Yamaha is considering making a YZ with the WR gearset (FYI, the gears out of a WR450 swap right in to a YZ 250 bottom end) and 18" rear. Maybe 2012 is the last year for a "YZ", to be replaced by a "WR" in 2013. Most YZ250s are ridden/raced off road anymore, makes sense to reconfigure and aim straight at the KTM XC.

The only thing that makes sense to Yamaha is dollars and cents. There is so much bad information on these boards that no one knows what is true. I guess we all enjoy wasting time arguing about nothing.

The OP is a TROLL!

If you think I'm a troll, you're an idiot.

Another rep. named Tom Bellino just verified the info. I have worked at a Yamaha dealership for YEARS. This is the gospel, folks.

Maybe 2012 is the last year of the current YZ? Perhaps a re-design is in the works. I know the KTM dealers would like nothing more than for Yamaha to shoot themselves in the foot by discontinuing the YZ.

why would ktm dealers care, didnt the 250sx totally sell out ?

why would ktm dealers care, didnt the 250sx totally sell out ?

Because then KTM could make twice as many bikes, jack up the price, and still totally sell out. KTM would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well since you didn't regard females in your thread title I'm going to assume they will still be available for us. :smirk: Hmmm... what a shame for you fellas. :prof:

But really, if this is confirmed (which I hope it's not), you can bet you're bottom dollar I'll be buying a 2012. ORRRRRRR maybe that's exactly what these reps are goin for! :smirk:

I'm a Yamaha girl at heart but KTM is an extremely close second. Those will suffice just fine!