Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Done with Cycle Sports AGAIN

I never go into Cycle Sports in Eugene because of their crappy service and attitude, BUT, I could't find a pilot jet anywhere else in town, and I wanted to ride tomorrow. I walked up to the parts counter and waited for 5 minutes to get attention, although I was the only one in the store that didn't work there. I asked for a pilot jet and she said that they did not have it. I asked if she was sure and she just repeated that they did not have one. When I turned around and was walking away, I overheard the other parts guy ask her laughingly, "what about all those totes full of jets?". She replied to him that she was not going to look through all those for a $3.00 sale. I am not going back there again until their going out of business sale, which should be soon with that attitude.

:smirk::smirk::prof::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::ride::lol::blah:

Yep....typical from that place.

Ironically, I went in a few years ago looking for jets for my RM 250. The guy behind the counter wanted to know who made it and if it was a quad. I just walked out & haven't been back. It's too bad, they are the closest shop to my house.

CycleBuy in Coburg gets the majority of my business. Even though it is a drive to get there, I ALWAYS know that what I come home with will fit/work.

I usually go to Bart at KTM Country, and Doug at Cycle Buy has always hooked me up. Been doing business with him since he was at Motosport Outlet when it was in Eugene.

I usually go to Bart at KTM Country, and Doug at Cycle Buy has always hooked me up. Been doing business with him since he was at Motosport Outlet when it was in Eugene.

I second the notion re: Doug at CycleBuy. He and Bob are the best guys and always VERY helpful.

Call them at 541.345.3205

-Red

I never go into Cycle Sports in Eugene because of their crappy service and attitude, BUT, I could't find a pilot jet anywhere else in town, and I wanted to ride tomorrow. I walked up to the parts counter and waited for 5 minutes to get attention, although I was the only one in the store that didn't work there. I asked for a pilot jet and she said that they did not have it. I asked if she was sure and she just repeated that they did not have one. When I turned around and was walking away, I overheard the other parts guy ask her laughingly, "what about all those totes full of jets?". She replied to him that she was not going to look through all those for a $3.00 sale. I am not going back there again until their going out of business sale, which should be soon with that attitude.

Might be pi$$ing up a rope but I would call the Owner/Manager/SOMEONE. Small businesses(owners) that go belly up because of poor customer service are sometimes completely clueless that the counter help is completely useless. When I get marginal service ANYWHERE I make a call. Sometimes The owner/manager is completely unaware of the goings on at their business. If it doesn't get resolved at least they know I'll never be back.

Might be pi$$ing up a rope but I would call the Owner/Manager/SOMEONE. Small businesses(owners) that go belly up because of poor customer service are sometimes completely clueless that the counter help is completely useless. When I get marginal service ANYWHERE I make a call. Sometimes The owner/manager is completely unaware of the goings on at their business. If it doesn't get resolved at least they know I'll never be back.

That is a good point and you may be doing a real service to the owner. Maybe recommend he have a buddy come in to buy a small item and see how he is treated.

Greg

In today's economy, business owners should be very attuned to their customer service in order to survive. The example here, I bet, as stated, the owner has no idea.

Edited by MX813

Most bike shops have someone able to use a basic parts fishe only. Catalog knowledge is limited. Parts interchange knowlege is extinct. The owners don't want to pay for people with knowledge. They get what they pay for, and you get pissed off. Sound the alarm one time then find a shop that cares.

Maybe the owner should know about this?

Most bike shops have someone able to use a basic parts fishe only. Catalog knowledge is limited. Parts interchange knowlege is extinct. The owners don't want to pay for people with knowledge. They get what they pay for, and you get pissed off. Sound the alarm one time then find a shop that cares.

In this case, they knew exactly where the jets where, just didnt want to take any time looking for them.

Interesting they snubbed their nose at a $3 sale, yet, created a $0 sale and didnt give it a second thought.

I just emailed them (not parts dept either) and pointed them to this thready. Hopefully, the owner will get my message or someone will fwd my message to the owner.

Edited by toyota_mdt_tech

In this case, they knew exactly where the jets where, just didnt want to take any time looking for them.

Interesting they snubbed their nose at a $3 sale, yet, created a $0 sale and didnt give it a second thought.

I just emailed them (not parts dept either) and pointed them to this thready. Hopefully, the owner will get my message or someone will fwd my message to the owner.

Would be interested to see the Owner/Manager post up to the thread:thumbsup:

They have never had good customer service. Now that power sell kawasaki and yamaha there is no reason to go there. The shop up here in salem seem to be all but closed up compared to what it used to be. The parts department has people working there that dont know bikes and cant look up parts. I remember going there years ago when i was young and dumb. The owner doest seem to care he has been running his stores the same way for years.

The owner doest seem to care he has been running his stores the same way for years.

Exactly! I bought a bike from them in 2000 and nothing has changed since then. They will never see another dime of my money. Their salesman are just used car salesman and don't know anything about bikes. They probably sell enought quads and jetskis that they wouldn't look twice at this thread.

The guys at Cyclebuy are great and they actually ride dirtbikes.

This is a copy of one of my previous posts about an experience at Cycle Sports in Eugene.

I have a weird one. I went in to my dealer today,had my son sit on the KX85 that they had on their showroom and the salesman refused to give me a price! He said two strokes were dinosaurs and he would not sell me the bike even if I wanted it. He then proceeded to direct me to a KLX 140 and told me that this is what I needed. I told him that my boy is racing and that the KLX is a playbike and cant even be compared,then he told me that I didnt know what I was talking about and that this was a direct competition for the CRF150R! I asked to speak to the manager,when he went to get him, I looked over and every body was laughing and saying that I was stupid!! I walked out and will be driving to Portland to get a new bike. :smirk:

This is a copy of one of my previous posts about an experience at Cycle Sports in Eugene.

I have a weird one. I went in to my dealer today,had my son sit on the KX85 that they had on their showroom and the salesman refused to give me a price! He said two strokes were dinosaurs and he would not sell me the bike even if I wanted it. He then proceeded to direct me to a KLX 140 and told me that this is what I needed. I told him that my boy is racing and that the KLX is a playbike and cant even be compared,then he told me that I didnt know what I was talking about and that this was a direct competition for the CRF150R! I asked to speak to the manager,when he went to get him, I looked over and every body was laughing and saying that I was stupid!! I walked out and will be driving to Portland to get a new bike. :smirk:

What a bunch of A-holes.. :smirk:

Saw this on Craigs list today:

CYCLE SPORTS SALEM= BAD BUSINESS (Eugene Store...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-05-20, 4:22PM PDT

Reply to: sale-zjsyt-2393335756@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEWARE OF CYCLE SPORTS!!!

On May 5th, my boyfriend and I went to pick up a windshield he had ordered from Cycle Sports on the 23rd of April.. At the counter, my boyfriend unwrapped it, and it was the wrong part.. although he had asked specifically for the exact part he wanted.. When the Parts Manager (Kari) was told this, there was no apology as she strided over to the computer to look it up. Looking at the computer screen, she says, "Oh, well they don't make this part anymore.. you will have to check ebay"..

OK.... so we give back the windshield and request our money back (we paid cash originally) and she says, "I can't give you cash back, you know".. and my boyfriend says, "Why not? I PAID cash..." And she says that she will have to fax the info to the Salem store (Cycle Sports headquarters apparently) and they will send us a check in about a week. So not only did she order the wrong part, but she offered nothing in the way of any kind of apology, and THEN we had to wait another week for a check.. when we paid cash in the first place?? And it was the PARTS MANAGER'S lack of attention to her job in the first place!!

So we did the only thing we COULD do, we went home to wait for the check. Well guess what? Today is May 20, and we STILL DO NOT HAVE A CHECK FROM THEM!!! We started calling them to inquire about the check on May 13 (the check should have been here) and kept getting transferred to Cathy's office.. where we had to leave a voicemail, and she has yet to even call us back ONCE.. after we have left at LEAST 5 messages on her voicemail since the 13th. I called on Tuesday of this week, to ask AGAIN where our check is, and I spoke with RANDY, WHO WAS VERY NICE AND EXTREMELY HELPFUL.. and after he went to the office to see what was going on with the check, he came back and said he was processing it "right now, today"... (May 17) What the hell took so long??

I have no choice but to leave this post, as we got screwed around by this business from the very beginning, they will not return my calls, the customer service sucks and the Parts Manager does not know her job (or maybe she just doesn't care??) In any case, SHOP HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. this is actually only our second experience with this place.. The first experience was when my boyfriend BOUGHT HIS BIKE THERE about a year before, and was left waiting in the showroom, after all paperwork was done, and all they needed was to TAKE HIS MONEY.. and they ignored him and left him waiting FOR OVER 3 HOURS to complete the transaction, because they were 'busy'.. too busy to take the money of someone with thousands of dollars in hand?? That's what he gets for picking up a snake twice, I guess.

This business doesn't give a shit about their customers.. that much is apparent. (twice now)

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

How does a place like this manage to stay in business while places with excellent customer service have had to close the doors?

just not right..

30 years in the motorcycle industry and now I work at Boeing. I couldn't live on what the industry pays. Owners that don't give a S@#$ and most don't even ride. Sad state of affairs. :smirk:

Stopped by my local Yamaha dealership last week. I know better from previous experience but wanted to give them another chance. Asked the parts guy for front fender for a 2010 yz450f. After about a minute of looking he said "Sorry guy they only made a yz450f from 2003 to 2008". LOL. I said "you sure about?"

All the while there was a 2011 just a few feet from the counter. Last time they will ever see me.....