Sign in to follow this  

Will a turntech battery make my bike start easier?

It almost seems like the battery/stator is a bit underpowered to start my 250XCF (especially when cold). Bike has JD jetting kit and appears to be spot on. Would you say a 5.0 turntech battery would make it start quicker/easier?

Thanks

It almost seems like the battery/stator is a bit underpowered to start my 250XCF (especially when cold). Bike has JD jetting kit and appears to be spot on. Would you say a 5.0 turntech battery would make it start quicker/easier?

Thanks

I have a 5.0 Turntech, and it starts my 450sxf with a big bore kit easily. I don't think you need the 5amp but I guess it couldn't hurt.

I've got a Full Spectrum Pulse P1 in my 350 SX-F, and it turns over great! I have a hook up on them if you're looking.

i might be interested in that..i find the stock battey pretty week on my 350

i might be interested in that..i find the stock battey pretty week on my 350

I bought the 2.5 for my 525 and it worked good for about 8 months. Then slowly went bad until it wouldn't even turn the motor at all. I just trashed it went with the old style and 4 more pounds.

I ordered a 2.5 amp from Ballistic Battery.. No relation to me.

I bought the 2.5 for my 525 and it worked good for about 8 months. Then slowly went bad until it wouldn't even turn the motor at all. I just trashed it went with the old style and 4 more pounds.

Did it go bad from not caring for it (i.e. letting it drain down past the damage threshold) or did you take care of it (using a tender) and it died?

I have a turn tech- in my 08- 450 exc-r, over 1 year doing great. I starts the bike much better than stock.

I also added a trail tec stator kit. With out it and the fan kit- I would drain the stock battery on a 13 mile slow single track. I went through 2 stock batteries.

I have the Shorai battery. I got the larger 14ah equivalent. Nothing worse than an e-start only bike with a dead battery 10 miles from you truck. This completely solved the problem. I am now a huge believer in lithium batteries. You can hold that starter button down forever.

Be sure to take care of it in the cold though. Follow the procedure.

If your bike won't start with a turntech, then you got problems not related to the battery.

I have TurnTech batteries in both of my bikes and have never had a problem. Joe is a top notch guy and backs his stuff up.

Did it go bad from not caring for it (i.e. letting it drain down past the damage threshold) or did you take care of it (using a tender) and it died?
A Battery Tender or any other "intelligent" charger won´t work on a TT battery. It will go to desulfate mode and not charge the battery.

The bike was ridden at least twice a month. It just stared the bike slower and slower after about 6 months. It would charge up but had no capacity when it started getting cold. 45 degrees F. Then it just would no longer fire the bike even when charged even when warm. The stock one lasted almost 4 years under the same riding.

I bought the really small Speed-Cell battery for my 690SMC Motard about 2 years ago. It weighed like 8 oz and I saved 6# total. I don't ride that bike much and that FI bike has jetting that is lean on the bottom and it likes to stall several times on the first start of the day.

That SpeedCell Supersport battery is a champ and spins that bike over great every single time. Never an issue. I wouldn't own an electric start bike w/ out one of these lightweight batteries. In fact my sports car is going to get one as well.