Sign in to follow this  

2010 RMZ250 Help

Okay guys, someone is selling a 2010 RMZ250 for $2,000. He said the motor is locked up and completely won't start. The bike is seized? Should I even bother with this bike?

depending on how bad it is you might have another 2000.00 in piston crank cylinder head and gasket set you wont know till you get it apart.

Dont do it, your gonna spend 200 on topend rebuld, and then another 300 on bottom crank and gears, its up to you, but if it were my choice, i would not buy the motorcycle

:smirk: $2000! Wow, I wish I could find bargains like that here.

10990 brand new for a bike compared to the US which is 6500?

we are just as far away from japan as the US so i dont know why we pay more... our dollar is even the same or better...

ask him if you can tear it down. i might be a good deal. most likly a crank

I would buy it if I could!!! $2,000 for a bike, AND FOR THE WORST CASE SCENARIO $2,000 for motor work.

So $4,000 for a new 2010!!!!

And while the cases are split I would get the gears treated :smirk: Sounds like a win win deal to me!

Sounds good to me because your buying a bike for cheap, with the ability to fix it yourself and know EXACTLY what is inside the motor and how many hours on it. Takes the guessing out of it being a used bike because its going to be fresh from the ground up.

BUY BUY BUY

I am from Canada,and would buy it and ship it and still have a hell of a deal:thumbsup:

Where is it advertised:smirk: No really-please tell

Okay guys, someone is selling a 2010 RMZ250 for $2,000. He said the motor is locked up and completely won't start. The bike is seized? Should I even bother with this bike?
I would buy it if I could!!! $2,000 for a bike, AND FOR THE WORST CASE SCENARIO $2,000 for motor work.

So $4,000 for a new 2010!!!!

And while the cases are split I would get the gears treated :smirk: Sounds like a win win deal to me!

Just got back form getting the same deal on one in Texas that had dropped a valve. We can do the work ourselves and we will know what we have:)

Where is the best place to have the gears treated?

Should we upgrade to 2011 gears?