Sign in to follow this  

Bent rear caliper guide pin

Noticed my pads were wearing unevenly/at an angle. I took the real caliper off and separated it from the caliper bracket to find out one of the pins in bent. I figured oh well this is an easy fix. I searched bikebandit.com and the schematic doesn't list the pins separately. From what it looks like, you have to buy the caliper mounting bracket to get the rear pin, and you have to buy the caliper to get the front pin. This is BS!! Can this really be true? Has anyone ever had this problem?

P.S. I am not talking about the pin that hold the brake pads in. I am referring to the pins with rubber boots that the caliper slides left to right on. I've talked to 3 KTM dealers on the phone and none of them new what I was talking about. They wanted to order me the brake pad pin.

I just bought a late model rear caliper used and it doesn't fit our 1998. PM if you are interested, probably the cheapest way to go.

Just went through the same thing. I searched high and low and that individual part doesn't seem to be available, I even checked with other bike brands that use the same assembly. I ended up buying an entire assembly from Ebay, I figured I would just have all of the extra parts from that assembly if something happened.

I've actually run into that with several parts - they are either buried inside of other assemblies or some kind of repair kit. I am sure the individual parts exists, it just might be tough getting the number.

I just bought a late model rear caliper used and it doesn't fit our 1998. PM if you are interested, probably the cheapest way to go.

I got to loking on ebay and found a 1994 125exc caliper and bracket for $29 shipped. It looks like crap but all I need is a pin out of it. I don't want to be in it too much for just a pin.

Here's the deal. I don't even have a KTM. I have a 2005 Husaberg, but since they use the same caliper I posted here since nobody ever chimes in to the Berg forums.

The bracket and caliper from the 1994 look identical to my Berg. Looks like they were made from the same mold so I figure the pin has to be the same. That year KTM the caliper is on the left side as is my Berg.

You said the late model caliper wouldn't work on your '98. Are you trying to use the whole assembly? Caliper and bracket? Maybe separate the caliper from the late model and use your '98 bracket if u haven't already tried. I had a buddy of mine look up brake pads part numbers and every KTM from 1990 to 2007 uses the same pad from 125cc-620cc. Even husaberg, Husky, VOR, and Vertemati use the same pads. so they must all use basically the same caliper. I'm not absolutely positive but it seems that the only difference is whether its on the left or right side, location on the swingarm, and spacing. I think they just use different brackets.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Urbanpoacher
      Hello everyone, I am new to the page and to the world of ktm. I recently purchased a used 2008 ktm xcfw with a 300 big bore kit, not sure who made or installed the kit. I am looking to see if there is any way to buy a new carb that is set up for this bike with the 300 BB. Any help would be great. The fuel inlet is leaking and there are a ton of stripped screws so I’m thinking getting a new carb might be the best way to go but i don’t really have the skill or knowledge to tune and jet a stock one myself. Thank you!
    • By christophe19912
      i am currently checking valve clearance on 2013 sxf 250 with 70 hrs. bike was bought new and never been apart(as far as i know). when setting TDC the notch on the crank when it is aligned to the whole, has the cam gear marks intake totally up and exhaust totally down. are these the wrong marks to look at or am i missing something. bike does run just a little difficult to start.
    • By gyodock
      2016 KTM 350xc-f - Olins Fork Cartridge Inserts, FMF 4.1 RCT Muffler, Pro Circuit Linkage Arm, Torc1 Reaction Shift and Rear Brake Lever, P3 Carbon Pipe Guard, Acerbis Skid Guard, Mobie Linkage Guard, Acerbis Swing-arm Guards, RYD Crew Aluminum Handguards, Sicass Racing Tail Light Kit with Flush Mount LED Rear Turn Signals, Sicass Racing Handguards with Built-in LED Turn Signals, Rental Sprockets, Trail-Tech Stator Upgrade, ktmandhusky.com Fuel Rail and Anti-vibration Bar Ends, Guts Seat Cover, USB Charging Port, Misc Anodized Orange Aluminum Bling. My wife is getting jealous of the attention I am giving my bike!
    • By Dandeliongardens
      Hey all. I’m a newbie here so let me know if  I’m in the wrong place. 
      I’ll get straight down to it. I’m in the market for a new bike and have been thinking about what’s going to be best for me for a long time. Until recently I finally came to the conclusion that a new YZ250FX is my best option. My last bike was 2015 Yz250f which I loved.
      Now just yesterday I saw a local dealer advertise left over 17’ FX350’s for almost the same price as the YZ. What appeals to me about the Husky is that extra grunt. What doesn’t appeal to me is the suspension and handling and the reliability of the machine. Now I’ve never owned a KTM or Husky so I am basing those two factors on word of mouth only. Like I said, I loved my Yz250f and felt very at home on it, it has probably been the best bike I’ve owned to date. Yamaha reliability is also second to none which adds to my peace of mind on purchasing the YZ. One thing I wish it had was more power though. Obviously it’s only a 250f so you can’t expect it to go like a 450 (not really interested in 450s).
      I ride mostly trails and the occasional day at the mx track. The trails I ride are gravel based, loose, rocky, single trail, and also wide, fast, flowing, sand trails which is where I think my yz250f really shined, and where I had the most fun. I’m only a small rider at 145lbs which is why I’ve steered away from 450s. 
      I’ve read a few forums and others have said the ktm and Husky 350s are unbeatable on the trail which is why I am in this dilemma.
      So basically what I’m trying to decide on is if that extra power is worth compromising for the YZ suspension, handling and usability. Feel free to make any other suggestions, including other bikes as I was also considering the YZ250X 2T.
      Thanks guys

• By Dutch84
      I got about 6 months on my 350 xcf-w. I ride a lot of tight, rocky,rutty, slippery single track in South west PA. The only things I've added are suspension, bark busters, skid plate and disc protectors. I purchased a trail tech mapping switch but hesitant to add it as I heard the dealer needs to unlock the ECU and am not sure how much of a benefit it will be. I have a Scott steering dampner I'm going to add. I'm also looking at exhaust options for my riding conditions. What do you guys think about the items listed and what suggestions do you have?