Lost Dog found in Jawbone

I would have brought him home with me. but thats just me.

And then the owner is franticly looking for his dog and can't find him because you took him home. Taking a dog home is NOT doing anyone any favors.

Take him to the local authorities so he can be reunited with his owner. If you are worried about the dog being abandoned you have the right to claim the dog if the owner does not show to claim him.

Always turn the dog in where you found it. PLEASE ! ?

Edited by BOLT Performance

And then the owner is franticly looking for his dog and can't find him because you took him home. Taking a dog home is NOT doing anyone any favors. It only makes YOU feel good about you.

Take him to the local authorities so he can be reunited with his owner. If you are worried about the dog being abandoned you have the right to claim the dog if the owner does not show to claim him.

??:prof:???

And then the owner is franticly looking for his dog and can't find him because you took him home. Taking a dog home is NOT doing anyone any favors. It only makes YOU feel good about you.

Guess I should have mentioned I call animal control when I've found them in my area since I don't live in the city. Which would be the local authorities. Unless they have tags with a phone # like my dogs do. Good point... I won't bring a dog home from another part of the state if I ever find one.

"It only makes YOU feel good about you." How would you know anything about my feelings? we have never met.

I haven't been there in years but I thought I remember seeing signs there warning people about the laws of "dumping " animals there.It must happen alot? They should dump the a-holes that are leaving the animals there! If you cant handle the animal, you should have never got it in the first place

Happens more than I wish to elaborate

That's why I keep a few extra rounds of 44mag........Aholes that leave these creatures need to be put out of our misery:foul:

If I were to see someone do this I would have no problem euthanizing them

I'm on the fence about this one. I brought a dog home that was obviously lost, on a road, but a very desolate area. Knocked on a few doors, no answer. It had a collar and rabies tag, but no tag. I took it to a vet, and it didn't have a microchip. They gave it to the shelter to look for the owner, none was found and the dog was put down. I feel really bad, but just leaving it there, it would have gotten hit by a car, no doubt.

The BEST thing for dog owners to do is to increase the chances of getting their dog back in the first place. chip it. put tags on it. tattoo it if you must (if its a runner). And for crying out loud, don't bring your dog onto a trail off leash if it's not actually ready for it.

Sorry... didn't mean to ruffle your labia sweet heart. ?

Has EVERYONE on this website grown a mangina ?!

And this isn't cool. Guy is offering his experience, which may or may not be YOUR way, and you make fun of him?

OK... so you can have an opinion... but when I do you flip out ! You example my point brilliantly.

You really don't get it do you???? ?

Edited by Bill_P
taking out my devisive BS, leaving the reality...