IXCR Rd. 2 Canaan, Indiana

3ae530db.jpg

TEN SECONDS!!! Are you ready for round 2 of the 2011 IXCR season?!? Round 2 is ready to kick off at a location that was new for IXCR in 2010. They call it Canaan's Mountain because the location is set on top of the property overlooking miles of surrounding area. This location has everything, tight woods, open rolling hills, big hills, creek bottoms, flat parking, lots of pitting, and much more! Be sure to come out saturday to hang with friends and enjoy some DEMO pit bike racing!

May 22nd, 2011

Canaan's Mountain Race Location :

8657 NE Prong Rd

Canaan, IN 472241

Primative camping is available saturday for $5.00 per person.

Gate fees: 5 and under Free - ages 6-11 $5.00 - 12 and Up $12.00

Sunday - Raceday - Times and Information

7:00 am - Gates open

7:15am - Registration for Youth

8:15 am - 65cc-85cc Bike race start

9:15 am - Youth Quad race start

9:30 am - Registration opens for Adult Bike

10:45 am - Adult Bike Riders Meeting (starting line)

11:00 am - Adult Bike start

11:15 am - Registration opens for Adult Quad

2:15 pm - Adult Quad Riders Meeting (starting line)

2:30 pm - Adult Quad race start

Be sure to join the IXCR group on Facebook to keep up with all things IXCR. search IXCR on www.facebook.com

Follow IXCR on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ixcr

any info on course length? is this the one last year that you crossed a pretty deep creek pretty soon after the start and then went up a big nast hill that went off camber towards the top? it looks to be close to the same area but i cant remember if it was ixcr or mwxc - unique issue in IN right now, so many series you can't keep them all straight!

any info on course length? is this the one last year that you crossed a pretty deep creek pretty soon after the start and then went up a big nast hill that went off camber towards the top? it looks to be close to the same area but i cant remember if it was ixcr or mwxc - unique issue in IN right now, so many series you can't keep them all straight!

No this is not that Canaan, IN location, IXCR rd. 1 was at this location and the creek was up 1-2 foot unlike last year when it was bone dry. This location is just down the road from that place. If the weather holds off the condition could be great.

IXCR RD. 2 TRACK UPDATE!

Youth course 4.5-5 mile course.

Adult track 8.5-9 mile course.

Track conditions are prime, very tacky. Adult course will have a combined amount of 2 miles open, and very little offcamberment. 1 creek run, the deepest spot found is 12" and that was tuesday after the rain. Some good hills in here but many lines to choose from. nothing a 2 wheel drive utility couldnt get up easily.

IXCR RD. 2 TRACK UPDATE!

Youth course 4.5-5 mile course.

Adult track 8.5-9 mile course.

Track conditions are prime, very tacky. Adult course will have a combined amount of 2 miles open, and very little offcamberment. 1 creek run, the deepest spot found is 12" and that was tuesday after the rain. Some good hills in here but many lines to choose from. nothing a 2 wheel drive utility couldnt get up easily.

sounds great, see you sunday.

nice course! the rain made it even better for me, i like em tough!

you guys need to get some checks out in the woods though, i saw lots of course cutting going on!

Yes there was a good amount of course cutting. and sadly there is no way to stop all the cheating but it could be better for sure. Im not apart of the series, I just know the crew that runs it. this would have been a fast technical course if we didnt get 1.5hrs of rain saturday night. I raced the pit bike course saturday and make every hill on a crf50. and you know that wouldnt be possible Sunday. I liked the course other then my flat tire.

really ticks you off though when you make it up or through some nasty section and you see people coming back into the course on the fire roads. i still got first though, so either my class was all honest or they didn't cheat good enough!