Sign in to follow this  

changing my engine oil tomorow.

so incase you havent noticed all of my threads have been about oil because i am experienced with the rest of the maintenance. but long story short im changing my engine oil tomorow so i decided to take a look under the bike... then i noticed that there is a skid plate or some s*** under there!

once i take that off, is it just like draining every other oil? the only other machine i have ever changed the oil on in my 08 yamaha raptor 350 and there was no skid plate. i guess if you dont have to answer my question if you dont want to but if you do i thank you. i guess i'll figure it out tomorow if no replies.:smirk::smirk:

the engine and the tranny oil are separate the engine oil is drain from the drain plug under the right side of the motor,you should be able to get to it with the skid plate on,even my after market skid plate has a hole to get to it...the tranny drains on the left side from a bolt in front of your shifter the engine fills on the left side and the tranny fills on the right side,you shoould have a dipstick for you engine oil but the tranny has just a plug to fill and you need to remove a 8mm{i think}bolt that is on the right side case near the big allen cap,remove that small bolt fill untill tranny oil comes out,should take a little less than a quart,if this is confusing do some searches on this sight there are probably pics somewhere...invest in a service manual for 25$/30$ from your local dealer

Alright now is it dangerous to add a full quart of oil? I just got it drained (keep in mind I'm just doing engine oil today) and I'm wondering if adding the full 1 quart bottle can cause a problem?

Alright now is it dangerous to add a full quart of oil? I just got it drained (keep in mind I'm just doing engine oil today) and I'm wondering if adding the full 1 quart bottle can cause a problem?

OMG...yes it can cause a problem! :smirk: Use the recommened amounts, not just pouring whatever into your bike. Please get a manual, like the people above suggested.

Right click -> Save As

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/assets/OWNERLINK/model/own_man/powersports/2006/2006_CRF250x.pdf