Gifford questions...............

Washington

I have seen things here that i have never seen before nor willl i ever expect to see again.

I love these trails my bretheren.

I have a friend who rides the LA HAR on his sled.he describes this place the same way i do after a ride.

I AM A DIFFERENT PERSON THAN I WAS WHEN I LEFT THE HOUSE THIS MORNING.

so my ? is

I want to know what does this nat park stat of mnt st helens mean to the dirtbike guys like us & my bud that sleds?

please respond..............

Edited by ridemor
GIFFORD QUESTIONS...............

heres proof................:smirk:

have you been drinking?

Great vid btw :smirk:

1010314358_hGwcV-M.jpg

Yeah I dont know what you are talkin about... I really like riding there... if that means anything... anyway were you up there yesterday? I was thinking about going up but I figure the snow would still be too low.

I also want to know the snow conditions up there. Three day weekend is coming up and would like to spend it up there rather than at the zoo that is china hat on long weekends.

my favorite place been riding up there since 1980 it is very special

Mike, I too ,love GP and have always called it world class mountain singletrack.....a special, special place.

Jo

I guess I'm going to have to get in on this. I'm missing out.

In response to the original question, which seemed to be what if MSH became a National Park? "Traditional use', such as snowmobiling on the side of MSH, has always been an important factor in forest management for the Forest Service. The Park Service might adopt a different policy towards this. Park status would end elk hunting there. The park boundary would probably be near Road 25. So Dark Divide would not be in the Park. Still, I would say, ride it while you can. I am sure the anti's would like to see DD included in the next wilderness bill.

Snow conditions anyone?

Lots of snow, when thats gone lots of trees. Let the work begin... again.

Last years fun (come join in)

925252745_UaUok-L.jpg

Lots of snow, when thats gone lots of trees. Let the work begin... again.

Last years fun (come join in)

925252745_UaUok-L.jpg

Yeah I could do that for sure! When are we goin up?

Yeah I could do that for sure! When are we goin up?

We are waiting for a few weeks of sun to melt some stuff off so we can get a good start on it. Last year there were over 40 trees down on 2, 18, 80, this year has the potential to be worse. Need help for sure.

I gotta fab up a chainsaw mount for my brothers XR650R (yeah, he rides that pig up there) and we will be up there clearing trail in a month or two.

National Park designation conflicts with motorized use unless it's Yellowstone. :smirk:

The valley trail is open with no logs. That bridge west of Blue Lake CG is still out though. Can't wait till DD thaws out, but I'll take what I can get for now.

Is this a bridge for the road or the trail?

In response to the original question, which seemed to be what if MSH became a National Park? "Traditional use', such as snowmobiling on the side of MSH, has always been an important factor in forest management for the Forest Service. The Park Service might adopt a different policy towards this. Park status would end elk hunting there. The park boundary would probably be near Road 25. So Dark Divide would not be in the Park. Still, I would say, ride it while you can. I am sure the anti's would like to see DD included in the next wilderness bill.

thanx tom:ride:

hey mike...my brother and i are talking about heading out for our first tripto the GP...maybe on a weekday...we could really use a guide...