Fastway FIT / Scott's stabilizer - what do I need ?

Time to outfit the WR with some protection and a stabilizer.

I see Fastway has a pro bend on their hand guards and they offer a top mount so the hand guards won't spin upon (my regular) crashing.

I like that idea all the way around. After looking at the FIT System 1 http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22_62/products_id/489?osCsid=bdaa37e79e20906390ed86c089e56aa0 I see they have an integral stabilizer mount that works with a Scotts stabilizer.

Most cool.

After looking at the FIT System 1 hand guards with the stabilizer mount, and the Scott's stabilizer http://www.scottsperformance.com/Stabilizer_Purchase2.php?Make=Yamaha&Model=WR&Bike_ID=4665&Year=2009&Size=250&Fred=F&BI_ID=71358 , I'm a little confused as to what exactly to order so I can get what I need without blowing any bucks on something I don't.

Do I need the stabilizer only, and the FIT System 1 hand guards, or do I need to order a complete Stabilizer kit and just trash the handlebar clamp included with the kit ?

What's the cheapest way to get the right setup here ?

What can I do about the loss of a cross bar pad ?

I see the Scott's has an underbar mount kit, which looks like it will alleviate that issue.

Is it better to just go with an under bar mount and a FIT System 3 (no stabilizer mount).

I don't want to use a remote to adjust the damper, but I guess I could, as I won't be doing a lot of adjustment on the fly. I can pull over for a couple of seconds, make an adjustment and roll on.

In short, I want a Scott's stabilizer, and hand guards that won't rotate

Any suggestions or feedback will be helpful

TIA

Why don't you just gives Scotts a call directly? They are very helpful as to all the possible set-up combinations on different models of bikes.

The only observation I would offer is that I passed on the low mount thinking that I would want to adjust on the fly. However, I have found with two years use now that I never need to adjust on the fly, and I wish I didn't have the stabilizer sitting on top of my bars. Since I also like low bars, my next bike will have the mount over the front fender.

Why don't you just gives Scotts a call directly? They are very helpful as to all the possible set-up combinations on different models of bikes.

The only observation I would offer is that I passed on the low mount thinking that I would want to adjust on the fly. However, I have found with two years use now that I never need to adjust on the fly, and I wish I didn't have the stabilizer sitting on top of my bars. Since I also like low bars, my next bike will have the mount over the front fender.

Lonestar-

Please feel free to call us up as going and trying to type all of the combos up would probably confuse me! :smirk: We are open 10-7 Monday through Friday Pacific Std Time.

Thanks-

Eric