frame options for 1991 CR250

Can someone point me to a thread that shows which frames will interchange. If not can anyone tell me what year cr250 frames are compatible with the 1991 model.

Mine either needs replaced or repaired.......and I don't trust my welding for track duty.

I believe 90-91 are interchangeable frames.

I was at the dealer today and looked at some parts Fiche. Looked like the engine cases were the same from 89-91. So I figured at least those would interchange. The guy at the dealer thought 92-96 would work too but we could not verify it.

According to the OEM parts fiche here in the TT store, frames go as follows:

85-89

90-91

92-96 etc..

Now, I know that 92-01 engines are interchangeable, but I am not sure about the older bikes.

UPDATE

I was offered a 1997 roller for very reasonable money. Has anyone ever tried the older motor in the aluminum frame????

I would just have a competent welder fix your existing frame.

keep your frame, you will be sorry if you get that 97 frame

keep your frame, you will be sorry if you get that 97 frame

Not that I think he should try to go that route with his engine, but why would he be sorry? Have you had a lot of experience with the 97-99 aluminum frames? A lot of people have them and aren't sorry about it.

i wouldnt say a lot of experience but i have ridden a 97, and they are extremely harsh and unforgiving

I would just have a competent welder fix your existing frame.

+1 :smirk:

97s are not all that bad. I have one that i have set up and dialed in prety good. I just got an 02 250 and now it is pretty much set up and runnig strong. Now the 02 is for sure a better bike, but i honesty think that most of the people i ride with could not tell the difference. The 97 is a realy nice bike, just no quite nice as the 02.