A little frustrated with Motosport.com

No issues. Computers couldn't keep up with UPS.

Edited by CRF221

I highly doubt this is the last time you order from motosport. Call them up. I guarantee you they will make good on it. If they don't then screw them. I wouldn't buy from their anymore. Wait to see what they say. I'm very curious as to what they will do for this.

I highly doubt this is the last time you order from motosport. Call them up. I guarantee you they will make good on it. If they don't then screw them. I wouldn't buy from their anymore. Wait to see what they say. I'm very curious as to what they will do for this.

Yeah....I have ordered a few things from them and they seem to do a great job.....Always give them a chance to make it right........stuff happens....its how they take care of it that will let you know if you wish to do bussiness with them........

This is the problem with all of these big companies like motosport.com, motorcyclesuperstore, etc. sometimes they are geat, but it's never consistant. I like the great prices, no sales tax and free shipping but sometimes I wonder if I would be better off going to the local guy and paying a little more.

Call 'em up, they'll take care of you. I've been ordering stuff from them for around 5 or 6 years. Motosport or Rocky Mt or TT, that is it for me.

what time of day did you place the order? because if you put it in anytime after around 4 or 5 pm there is a pretty good chance it will not ship the same day. put the order in like before 2pm and chances are it will ship the same day. I get all my OEM parts from motosport and everything elese from rockymountainmc.com. rockymountain used to sell OEM parts but they are haveing trouble with OEM part licencing agreement or some BS like that. rockymountain is the best IMO

I go to rockymountainmc.com.

Best mail order company out there. I get what I want in 2 days, 3 days maxed. They have never screwed up one of my orders.

The bottom line is they are not perfect. Neither are places like Rocky Mountain and Motorcycle Superstore. I've had issue similar to ones you stated with all of these companies. But its rare they mess up. I must admit I prefer Rocky Mountain. I've had the most issues with MotoSport.

Motosport.com has absolutely and utterly gone to shit.

I ordered an EVS chest protector back in late February. UPS says it should be in the mail today (yes you read that right). Upon ordering it said it was in stock. Without notice, I find out it wasn't in stock and had to request for an estimated ship date. I was told a week. A week turned into a couple weeks, into a month, and here we are 3 months down the road and I am finally getting it. I was given the run around numerous times from motosport and overall just got the feeling that they didn't care that I was waiting so long.

Only reason I ordered from motosport is they were the only ones who said they had the item in stock. Otherwise, I'll keep my purchases that arrive on my doorstep in 2 days at a great price at Rockymountain :smirk:

When I order online, I always try to account for the processing time of the order. That means ordering by Tuesday morning at the latest. "Same day shipping" means the package info is given to UPS. Actual pickup time, ??.

The real reason I need to worry about UPS shipping is because my items always make it to the local hub around 4am and sit for a day before they get put on a delivery truck. It's so frustrating when you check tracking on Friday and you precious goods are held hostage at a UPS location 5 miles away and won't be out for delivery until Monday.

BTW, my favorite local shop usually gets stuff in 2 days, unless it's OEM.

This is the problem with all of these big companies like motosport.com, motorcyclesuperstore, etc. sometimes they are geat, but it's never consistant. I like the great prices, no sales tax and free shipping but sometimes I wonder if I would be better off going to the local guy and paying a little more.

Nah. I tried that once. Went down to the biggest local shop that in turn ordered the parts, made me pay more, and I had to go there to pick them up. Why would I pay to have someone across town order something for me when I can pay less and have it come to my house :smirk:

Motosport.com has absolutely and utterly gone to shit.

I ordered an EVS chest protector back in late February. UPS says it should be in the mail today (yes you read that right). Upon ordering it said it was in stock. Without notice, I find out it wasn't in stock and had to request for an estimated ship date. I was told a week. A week turned into a couple weeks, into a month, and here we are 3 months down the road and I am finally getting it. I was given the run around numerous times from motosport and overall just got the feeling that they didn't care that I was waiting so long.

Only reason I ordered from motosport is they were the only ones who said they had the item in stock. Otherwise, I'll keep my purchases that arrive on my doorstep in 2 days at a great price at Rockymountain :smirk:

I had a simillar issue with a set of tires. I wanted a certain front tire and they had it. I also through a rear in with the order. Turns out the website was wrong about the inventory. I wasn't notified until 4pm. Had to scramble to the phone and I barely got the front tire I needed out the door Tues (see my earlier post) The rep on the phone was all nonchalant about everything. I got the tire by the weekend, but still. When you deal on online, the damn website should be correct.

i haven't been impressed with motosport in the last couple of years.

TT and rockymountain have been my most consistent retailers.

Sooo... I came out of a meeting and my knee braces were sitting on my desk. Apparently the website wasn't up to date. Now I feel like a tool for bitchin'

I order from Motosport all the time, haven't had any problems yet.

I have had some slow shipping and delayed orders from Motosport, because of incorrect inventory issues. I first go to rockymountain, if they dont have what I want I then go to the Superstore, then, begrudgingly I will go to Motosport. Motosport really has to step up their game if they want customers to use them over the others. Too bad.

Sooo... I came out of a meeting and my knee braces were sitting on my desk. Apparently the website wasn't up to date. Now I feel like a tool for bitchin'

Sounds like you jumped the gun...........stuff happens......Glad you got your braces.....:smirk:

Nah. I tried that once. Went down to the biggest local shop that in turn ordered the parts, made me pay more, and I had to go there to pick them up. Why would I pay to have someone across town order something for me when I can pay less and have it come to my house :smirk:

Sometimes I feel the same way but I've been screwed by a couple of the big places. Last year I wanted to purchase a neck brace and I was going to order it on line but I decided to use a local guy. I wanted the new leatt adventure II which sells for 289 plus tax. He didn't have it so he had to order it, said it would be in, in about a week. Well, 1 week then 2 and no neck brace. He kept calling his distributor and kept giving me new dates. One month later he called me and said it was back ordered. I was not happy. He said he would refund me since it was paid in full or I could have the leatt club that he had in stock which goes for near 400 for what I paid for the other one. I took the club and I thought that was cool on his part. I shop there now most of the time.

I have had some slow shipping and delayed orders from Motosport, because of incorrect inventory issues. I first go to rockymountain, if they dont have what I want I then go to the Superstore, then, begrudgingly I will go to Motosport. Motosport really has to step up their game if they want customers to use them over the others. Too bad.

This is my exact progression as far as online retailers, been screwed by Motosport 1 too many times.

I kinda wish TT had a better online store as well... oh well... I guess I have to keep waiting.... :smirk:

I kind of order things half and half. I get some parts from my local dealership (about a half an hour away, but it is close to my work) and the other half I order from either rm or motosport. I really haven't had any issues from any of my sources, but I do like motosport for the fact that they have the two day shipping (I can deal with it if it comes in three days). I generally don't buy parts in a rush, but if I do need to (like a ride in less than a week and the head gasket on my bike decided to leak), motosport will generally have it to me in two days. It sucks that people have issues with them, but instead of airing issues on the forum, shoot them an email or phone call. Generally, they will take care of any problems that arise, and if they don't, find another retailer!