Sign in to follow this  

My DRZ stolen. Summer ruined.

Cant beleive it. Some bastards have stolen my bike from its locked garage, double chains, brake disc lock and all. Now no bike for the summer. All track days cancelled. :smirk:

I guess this is warning to everyone, if the thieves want it - they will get it.

Oh well I was considering an Aprilia SXV, maybe now is the time. Gonna put GPS and automated nail bomb system on that one though.

To think of all the money, time and love that bike got. Gone forever. It's like a death in the family.

Man that sucks. I know how I felt when my chainsaw got stolen, I can't even imagine my bike getting ripped off. I hope those thieves get what they deserve.

Cant beleive it. Some bastards have stolen my bike from its locked garage, double chains, brake disc lock and all. Now no bike for the summer. All track days cancelled. :smirk:

I guess this is warning to everyone, if the thieves want it - they will get it.

Oh well I was considering an Aprilia SXV, maybe now is the time. Gonna put GPS and automated nail bomb system on that one though.

To think of all the money, time and love that bike got. Gone forever. It's like a death in the family.

Has to be somebody who knows you...because you had that hidden away pretty good.

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know if I could ever replace the love I have for mine.

And now I'm worried about it because the other day some of those steak salespeople came to my house and instead of going to the front dorr the @$$holes came through my garage. He even mentioned my bike and how he would like to ride it :smirk:

Sorry mate, i know how you feel as mine has been stolen 2 times and police found it. :smirk: The first time after 2 weeks and the second after 3 days! From my experience, if it won't be found after 2 weeks, start to cry, until then you can hope! I wish you the best luck!

As for SXV, you are from the country of Husaberg and you want an Aprilia! :smirk:

Keep your head up, man. My buddy had a WR250X that got stolen about a year ago. He said he was done with bikes, but ended up buying a WR450F a few months ago. I've had bikes stolen too... theives are garbage. Do what you can to try and find it (police), but afer a few weeks it's probably gone. If it comes to that, stay positive, get a new bike and keep riding. :smirk:

I agree with MutualBill...you probably have a connection to the thief. Sh*tty deal either way...really sorry to hear it.

I had a crappy Yamaha XT350 stolen from my driveway. I kept it outside with a cover because when it was it the garage it would get buried. Then, I would never ride it. It doesn't take long for theives to steal anything. They probably saw you putting it away, and took their time and made a plan. They think they were really sneeky, like Ocean's Eleven, but they will never have anything nice of their own in life.

Yeah I have full insurance. As for the police? well they said they had registered the crime and well that's it. Couldnt even be arsed to come around and take fingerprints of the stand they left behind. So bike criminals in Sweden .... the police are ok with you stealing as many as you want.

The bike was in a garage (belongs to the flats) and access is via infrared key. I guess the pros can easily get the technonogy to hack this, or they sat and waited and just followed in behind someone else.

It had a Abus Disclock, Squire (top of the range chain) and locked to some railing as well as the chain was through the wheel, swingarm and paddock stand. They still got it.

I really need to have a bike. But now I am scared to buy another.

GPS and auto nail bomb system the only way to go.

what makes me most sick is the fact I had just put a full yoshimura system on it and the local track had new asfalt/tarmac. I got to ride on the track once, in the rain. :lol:

Today I was booked to be going to another supermoto track all day and then tomorrow I had a track booked in the evening.

:smirk::banghead::smirk::banghead::prof::banghead:

the police will not allocate the rescources to sweep for fingerprints and dna.they only do that for very serious crimes unfortunately.

you had it parked in a kind of public area.

the frame of the bike should be chained to something very strong that is anchored to the concrete with the lock suspended so it cannot be easily sawn through.

all of your bike mods and upgrades should be registered with your insurance so they can be covered for loss as well.

just got a call from the police. They did a major raid on a flat and found it full of stolen motorbikes and other stuff. So although they say the ignition barrell is destroyed, the bike is in good condition and I should get it back within a week.

Talk about luck.

right now time to search for new ignition barrell on ebay.

Summer is no longer ruined!

Did I say I love the police? :smirk:

just got a call from the police. They did a major raid on a flat and found it full of stolen motorbikes and other stuff. So although they say the ignition barrell is destroyed, the bike is in good condition and I should get it back within a week.

Talk about luck.

right now time to search for new ignition barrell on ebay.

Summer is no longer ruined!

Did I say I love the police? :smirk:

Dude that's awesome news! Now only if the police would give you 5 mins alone with the scum who took it...