Sign in to follow this  

2012 ktm 250xc?

Has anyone heard anything on the 2012 KTM 250XC? I know all the news about KTM's 2012 motocross bikes came out, yet im hoping KTM keeps the PDS shock for the 2012 XC's.. Any info would be great

XC models will retain PDS shock. :smirk:

2012KTM250EXCSIXDAYSL.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/ktm#p/u/0/u3Th9zilKFw

You do realize that the European EXC models translate to a XC-W model in the US, right?

There are rumors floating around that the XC's will get linkage for 2012 and as the picture and video shows, the XC-W's will retain the PDS rear suspension.

All the XC's will get minimal changes for '12. The XC-W line will get the new PDS frame that went on the XC's in '11.

There will be some motor changes on the 2t bikes, but I am not sure how extensive.

So the only 2t with linkage will be the 250sx. The PDS days are numbered.

You do realize that the European EXC models translate to a XC-W model in the US, right?

There are rumors floating around that the XC's will get linkage for 2012 and as the picture and video shows, the XC-W's will retain the PDS rear suspension.

Of course I know that EXC = XCW.

So far we've seen that linkage is confirmed on the SX models and PDS has been confirmed on the EXC (XCW) models. In the past XC models have been exactly like XCW models sans the transmission. Why would that not continue?

In the past XC models have been exactly like XCW models sans the transmission. Why would that not continue?

Except for this year of course with the new frame. And the first e-start year. And the different silencers. And the different heads. And the CC forks vs. OC forks. And the black wheels on the 11'(XC-W).

Other than that they're exactly the same :smirk: I guess they're both orange.

Except for this year of course with the new frame. And the first e-start year. And the different silencers. And the different heads. And the CC forks vs. OC forks. And the black wheels on the 11'(XC-W).

Thanks. Couldn't have said it better myself.

More of what I was getting at was that XC models have always been more closely related to XC-Ws, not SX models. Is that not correct?

More of what I was getting at was that XC models have always been more closely related to XC-Ws, not SX models. Is that not correct?

I'd have to disagree with that. All the bikes are really their own IMO.

I hope the blue/orange/white scheme is a limited version...purely subjective but it's just not doing it for me.

Having said that, I'll probably want to buy a used one in 5 years or so after it grows on me for a while!

I hope the blue/orange/white scheme is a limited version...purely subjective but it's just not doing it for me.

That's the 6 days version. We probably won't get a two stroke one but we'll have that in the XC-FW lineup.

KTM hasn't updated their listing on the XC's for the US but i know the SX's are all shown with linkage.

I'd have to disagree with that. All the bikes are really their own IMO.

Good to know. Thx.

wrong actually. The 250 xc is based off of an SX. it has the same frame motor everything. Transmision is only slightly wider ratio compared to the sx. They call it a "semi close" ratio tranny.

If you look in 2011 the XC had the same frame as the SX while the xcw/exc had the 2010 style frame.

an xc is kind of comparable to a woods modified yz250 etc.... except u buy it that way stock.

the bike is basically built strictly for harescrambles/gnccs... which often include alot of moto

wrong actually. The 250 xc is based off of an SX. it has the same frame motor everything. Transmision is only slightly wider ratio compared to the sx. They call it a "semi close" ratio tranny.

If you look in 2011 the XC had the same frame as the SX while the xcw/exc had the 2010 style frame.

an xc is kind of comparable to a woods modified yz250 etc.... except u buy it that way stock.

the bike is basically built strictly for harescrambles/gnccs... which often include alot of moto

Thanks for the info. What about a 300 XC? Based of 250 SX frame as well?

an xc is kind of comparable to a woods modified yz250 etc.... except u buy it that way stock. ....or a racier version of the W :smirk:

the 250XC has a different head and CDI, susp valving, as well as other differences from the SX. This year the XC has the newer frame, but next year the W will have the same design. I don't know that saying the XC is based off the SX is completely correct. I believe they are all based off the same basic design, but each have completely different setups and feel.

dhd, yes all the XC's will likely get the newest chassis changes.

Edited by gmoss

My 2011 300xc is the best handling best suspended bike I have had! The PDS shock works awesome! Better than my 2009 CRF450R with $1500 of Factory Connection treatment.

I was reluctant to buy a non link bike at first because I thought it could'nt possibly work as good as a link. Boy was I wrong! Same thing for the 2 stroke!

I love racing against guys on 450s! I feel I have an advantage right from the start! :smirk: