Sign in to follow this  

Bent subframe

My subframe is bent on my 09 CRF450 and I am going to try to straighten it opposed to buying a new one. Its not terrible, but standing behind the bike, its pushed about 1 1/2" to the left.

I am going to attack this thing this weekend but wondered if there is a trick or specific way to go about this? Should I lay the bike on its side and try to jump on it to bend it back? Should I leave it on the stand while someone holds it and go at it with a big hammer? I just need to bend it directly to the right.

Its hard to tell in the pic, but it is bent. Thanks in advance for any help.

subframe.jpg

all i know is aluminium will break if ya bend it enough. Have a plan "B", but for sure give it a go, they are not cheap. I have been riding with one bent not quite that bad for years, and the lower mount has broke 2x and had to have welded..

Just done this the other day.

Equipment required:

1. About 6" of 4x4.

2. Sledge hammer

3. Idiot to hold the wood.

One solid hit & straight as a die......:smirk:

• Like 1

I just lean it against a tree and kick it back. Or put a long pipe inside the swingarm and pry it back.

O, and it's not hard to tell by the pic...it's bent as shit.

• Like 1

Just done this the other day.

Equipment required:

1. About 6" of 4x4.

2. Sledge hammer

3. Idiot to hold the wood.

One solid hit & straight as a die......:smirk:

x2 works every time! Done it many times

I'v strighten them before by laying the bike on its side in your case right side with a block of wood under the frame by the foot peg and straped 2" x 6' pipe to the sub frame and pushed it down just go a little at a time I would not beat on it if you dont have too

• Like 1

all you need is 2 300hp tractors, 2 ratchet heavy duty ratchet straps and that will do the trick. ratchet the bike to one tractor and then put the other ratchet strap on the sub frame and ratchet away, this way you can slowly bend it back until its nearly perfect

• Like 1

all you need is 2 300hp tractors, 2 ratchet heavy duty ratchet straps and that will do the trick. ratchet the bike to one tractor and then put the other ratchet strap on the sub frame and ratchet away, this way you can slowly bend it back until its nearly perfect

I take it you are having a laugh.........:smirk:

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Now I have some ideas. I will let yall know how it goes.