Anyone been reunited with their childhood bike?

Any success stories out there?

Purely nostalgic I guess but how cool would this be? I'm talking the exact bike (VIN number).

I have a 81' CT70 in very nice shape and it always reminds me of the 81' I had as a kid. But how much cooler if it happened to be the exact bike I rode 30 years ago? Odds are probably like winning the lotto!

I was talking to a guy i know who has around 40 vintage bikes and we was rapping about the 74,250 elsinore,told me to look in the back of his enclosed trailer and guess what was sitting there?Yup that bike and looking good!MEMORYS

I was talking to a guy i know who has around 40 vintage bikes and we was rapping about the 74,250 elsinore,told me to look in the back of his enclosed trailer and guess what was sitting there?Yup that bike and looking good!MEMORYS

huh? ?

In 1983 I sold a 1980 IT 425 to a friend. He moved to Arkansas in 1986. In 1989 I went to visit him there. He had since sold the bike. So while there went to look at some local dealers. Walked into one and there sat my bike for sale.

It was in much worse shape than when I last saw it. So I walked over, Gave it a hug and kiss and said sorry for selling you and bought it back.

In 1983 I sold a 1980 IT 425 to a friend. He moved to Arkansas in 1986. In 1989 I went to visit him there. He had since sold the bike. So while there went to look at some local dealers. Walked into one and there sat my bike for sale.

It was in much worse shape than when I last saw it. So I walked over, Gave it a hug and kiss and said sorry for selling you and bought it back.

That's beautiful man...

The bikes I had when I was young were rattling wrecks that were hard to find parts for even then.

Extremely doubtful any of them are still here 35 years later.?

Oh but the glory though if one was still surviving ?

i would love to find my cr80. i have an idea of where it might be, one day i will go check it out.

The first two-stroke I ever rode was a CR80. Distinctly remember the awe I felt as to how much more power it had than my brother's XR80!

If you happen to find your old CR, post back as would love to hear about it.

I had a 1979 Suzuki RM100 bored out to 125. Ran like s___.

One day I was looking in the Thrifty Nickle and there was an ad for car/bike trade. I traded the bike, that I spent every dime a 12/13 year old could make mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, etc. The car was a Chevy Vega built for 1/4 mile drag racing. Mind you I am a 14 year old kid that had never drove a car prior to that, much less a stick shift.

This weasel lets me take the car, title in hand, 25 miles from home. That 350 small block would roast the tires through the intersections in third gear, or whatever the hell gear I was in. I was sideways, bouncing, fishtailing. About half way home I blew what seemed like half the motor. I remember the plume of gray smoke half mile behind me. I got pulled over, thank god.

My Italian step dad got my bike back alright..

I sold it, don't even know the VIN. Wish I did..

Any success stories out there?

Purely nostalgic I guess but how cool would this be? I'm talking the exact bike (VIN number).

I have a 81' CT70 in very nice shape and it always reminds me of the 81' I had as a kid. But how much cooler if it happened to be the exact bike I rode 30 years ago? Odds are probably like winning the lotto!

My YZ250 came full circle to me. I sold it in 05 when I broke my femur in a really bad accident. My buddy bought it and then it got sold to a few other people, then when I decided to get back into racing in 08 I was looking through Craigslist and managed to come across a YZ250 and thought why not? So I went to check it out and low and behold it was my old bike. Sadly though, the last few owners did a half assed job keeping her together so Ive been dealing with the aftermath of it.?

^^^^ Now that's cool.

I have my first four wheeler. It was an 1987 Honda TRX 70 FourTrax. I put so many miles on that thing, once i got my JR 50 we couldn't part with it, so it sat up at our cabin until a cousin wanted it. We sold it to him (which went towards my PW80) It's getting used well now and i get first dibs on buying it back. Which i will.

Lil' Red had to be one of the best little wheeled vehicles I've ever ridden.

My dad still has my first bike, an 81 Z50!! All us kids grew up on it and learned how to ride. We all grew up and bought bigger bikes and sold them as we got older but the 50 never left. It sat in my Dad's work shop for quite a while until I had a son. My dad is retired so he tore that thing down to parade rest and refurbished the whole thing and then last summer my son learned how to ride a dirt bike! So the cycle continues!

In the mid-80s my dad sold my 1983 CR60R to one of his dealers in Northern Idaho. The dealer kept it for his grand kids to ride. It's sitting in the back of his shop. He says it's mine when I'm ready to come up to Idaho and get it.

I wonder if it still has all the JT Racing stickers I put on it.