Sign in to follow this  

Foot Pegs

Hi new to the forum and just bought a leftover 09 drz400.Was wondering what the best gearing was fot 70% trails 30% road? Also what are my options for a wider footpeg the ones on there feel like Im standing on a pice of wire for lack of a better term.Thanks for the help.

How do you define trails and roads? Tight single track or jeep trails? City, highway, or freeway?

I'm assuming you are talking about an S model?

14/44 works ok on the faster, more open trails, and highway and maybe even a short run on the freeway (though I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to).

14/47 works better on tight single track and possibly some highway riding if you aren't doing much over 55-60.

Sorry,most are like atv trails,no freeways around here so 60 is all I need when I take the bike to work and then its only about 5 miles on the highway.

Hi new to the forum and just bought a leftover 09 drz400.Was wondering what the best gearing was fot 70% trails 30% road? Also what are my options for a wider footpeg the ones on there feel like Im standing on a pice of wire for lack of a better term.Thanks for the help.

Gear it for where you ride most....

Try going down a tooth on the CS or 3 teeth larger on the rear and see how that works for you..

It's always going to be a compromise with the 5 speed box....

I like 14/44 for trail. 14/47 would be cool, but I think you would be unhappy with the lack of top end on the freeway. Craigo gives a lot of good advice, you can trust his judgement, I mean, look at his wife.

Thanks for all the help,I think I will give the pivoting ones a try.

I got the DRC wide pegs from wheeling cycle for my Z and my KTM, great pegs at half the price of all competition. They also make a world of difference. If you ride fast pace you might check out 15/46 gearing, thats where I am on the Z to give me more cruising ability and still has some low end grunt now that I have the FCR.