Sign in to follow this  

97 cr250

need help! my bike turned off out of nowhere, it had been riding fine, now it wont start.

Ah, I just saw that you did start a new thread. I replied to the "what did you do to your cr today" thread. Here's what I said:

Your bike needs two things to run, 1) an air/fuel mixture, and 2) spark. So, first thing to check is that you have fuel and that the tank valve is open. You also need to make sure that the air filter isn't clogged. Check the choke on the carb. If the bike is cold, pull the choke button out. Assuming you have gas and air, then check to see if you have a fouled spark plug. Take it out and see if it looks all gummed up. If so, replace it with a new one and try again. If the spark plug looks good, check the spark plug wire. Also, double check to make sure that the kill button on your handlebar didn't get shorted out...

See wut happened was that yesterday I was riding for a good while I turned it off for about an hour an started it right back up with no problem I was riding for about 15 min and it turned off on me out of nowhere I tried to start it again but it wouldn't start n it hasn't started since, I really don't know too much about bikes so I don't know where to start, thnx for the help

da bike has a new plug now n back up n running thnx for da help everyone!

is there any way to check the transmission oil on my cr250

Check it? I'd just drain it and put the proper amount back in, I change mine every 6 hrs.

Check it? I'd just drain it and put the proper amount back in, I change mine every 6 hrs.

Yes, there is a check bolt on the left side of the motor. It has a copper washer under it. Just remove it and add oil until is starts to drip out a bit. Be careful not to remove the one on your water pump for the coolant.