Question on shock rebound

Just finished re-valving my shock for my 08 CRF450R. After it was reassembled minus the spring, I compressed and extended the shaft.

When i ran th LS and HS clickers in all the way I noticed it harder to compress. How ever when I ran my rebound clicker in all the way and compressed the shaft, The shaft would extend back out quickly.

Is the rebound working? If not, what might be the problem and how does one fix it?

Thanks!

Sounds like it's broken - or your not doing the rebound correctly.

Rebound - as you know - on bottom of shock clevis.

Full to the right/clockwise is full slow/stiff.

full to the left/counterclockwise is full fast/soft.

Put the piston on upside down??

doc

I have put one in upside down and neither compression or rebound worked.

Any ideas why rebound would not work?

Most important question would be: did it work before you serviced the shock?

If so, you screwed something up when servicing it.

If not, there can be more causes for it.

did you remove the clevis or is/was it loose?

If you turn the rebound fully in you hardly can compress the shock - how does your shock act in this case?

Not only the piston is upside down but the complete assembly, ie Nut - Compression - Piston - Rebound - Washer - Sealhead etc.

Most important question would be: did it work before you serviced the shock?

If so, you screwed something up when servicing it.

If not, there can be more causes for it.

did you remove the clevis or is/was it loose?

If you turn the rebound fully in you hardly can compress the shock - how does your shock act in this case?

Not only the piston is upside down but the complete assembly, ie Nut - Compression - Piston - Rebound - Washer - Sealhead etc.

I dont know if it was working before I re-valved the shock. When I bought the bike I road it up and down the pit road at a local MX track before I payed for the bike. Took it home and started to re-valve the suspension.

I did not remove the clevis and did not check to see if it was tight.

After I re-valved I did turn the rebound clicker all the way in and I could compress the shaft all the way in (with out spring on shock) and the shaft would extend fully quickly.

maybe you put the shim stack on upside down clamp shim up against the face of shock as when rebound is closed the shock will barely move if at all both directions .or you put the stacks on the proper way but piston upside down . or there is no rebound needle in the shock .