Hello from new Member

New to Thumper. I have an 08 XR650L. So far all I have done is remove the smog pump, put in a Dynojet kit, and mount a GPS. The bike had 7 miles on it when I bought it last year. First owner literally drove it home, and never rode it again.

Carberation much better afetr the jet kit, although still not perfect.

I plan to stay with the stock muffler. Heavy and maybe restrictive, but quiet. I have a great hare scrambles loop that so far I have been able to get away with riding on. It would all be over as soon as I put on a blooey pipe.

My future plans are for a larger gas tank, and probably a self built rear rack hard bag mount combination. I made a bag mount set-up for my Cagiva Gran Canyon that uses Pelican cases that I am very happy with.

HI-Oooh!

Have had Super Trap & now have stock muffler. It's really not that heavy. For me the difference in performance is so slight & I am less tired at the end of 200 miles without the noise & my riding buddies thank me!

welcome, i went back to stock muffler as well, i'm old and don't like the noise, and this way i don't have any worries about being stopped for loud exhaust

Now that you don't have to worry about the law getting after you for the loud exhaust, all you have to worry about now are all those wheelies, and the blackmarks you are leaving coming around the corners! It's always something with Joe Law. :smirk:

90% of riding is the rider's skill, 10% is suspension, 10% engine, and 10% more if friends are watching. Mathematics skill does not factor in at all.

Seriously though, you can ride that thing bone stock forever through the worst of the worst. Don't let anyone tell you different.

You'll probably get them most benefit from new handlebars though. Having your controls in a comfortable position helps a lot.