Sign in to follow this  

Ridin er hard... dual sport style!

Who else here rides there 650 L's places that most would never consider taking a mx bike? Well Im sure Im not the only one out there! :smirk:

Lately I have been feeling a little bad for the big ol pig.:smirk:

Just yesterday I was going up this very long hill climb and got stuck towards the top. On my 3rd attempt at making it over a steep root section she caught traction and looped out hard. She launched into orbit almost, I seen her airborn and gtfo of there real quik! All I could think was if this thing comes down on me Ill be dead for sure!

The bike landed upside down and besides knockin it out of alignment and braking the front brake lever... :prof: she was good to go! Luckily I was able air my rear tire down for some extra traction and make it to the top, and limp home. I cant tell you how scary it was with NO FRONT BRAKE:eek: I had to make it to the top there was no way I was gonna make it down in one piece!

So thats my most recent story of brp abuse, if you ride your L like I do lets hear it!

Every time the ole L see's me coming she says oh crap not this again.....

I ride her hard from the minute I throw a leg over her to when I park her in the barn.

I've tried many times to kill the ole gal but she just keeps on a thumpin.

Pop's..

Every time the ole L see's me coming she says oh crap not this again.....

I ride her hard from the minute I throw a leg over her to when I park her in the barn.

I've tried many times to kill the ole gal but she just keeps on a thumpin.

Pop's..

:smirk:

Thats what I like to hear!:smirk:

Rode the L on a dualsport ride in the PA moutains on Rausch Creek Trail Riders property where non street legal trailbikes with license plates bent over the rear fender were having problems. Most didnt finish the ride but the xr did awsome, it was completly stock even with the trail wing tires, and I was only 17 at the time, just gotta know how to use the power to your advantage. These bikes have so much potentional :smirk:

The bike landed upside down and besides knockin it out of alignment and braking the front brake lever... :smirk: she was good to go! Luckily I was able air my rear tire down for some extra traction and make it to the top, and limp home. I cant tell you how scary it was with NO FRONT BRAKE:eek: I had to make it to the top there was no way I was gonna make it down in one piece!
I'm counting on my Cycra hand guards to protect me from breaking levers when the bike crashes. I like that extra protection.

I've ridden trails that were really just rocky stream beds and survived. I am not afraid to ride with lesser machines. I usually keep up very well even with the weight disadvantage.

I'm counting on my Cycra hand guards to protect me from breaking levers when the bike crashes. I like that extra protection.

yeah I was thinking the same thing when I got my tusk hand gaurds and up till that day they worked great! When the bike fliped it landed directly on the gaurd causing it to rotate and then my lever got snapped! Kind of a freak thing but I dont ever want to ride the woods without them.

I seem to break bits on my L when ever I take it to the empty lot up the road to "test" things. Once out in back country roads I'm a bit more cautious (small skill set), the Arizona desert is not something you want to walk back out of in the heat. We have fell over but everything has been very low key so far.

Because of that first "test" ride, the bark busters did their job but I had to go with folding mirrors when one folded then snapped. I need a folding license plate holder now......:smirk:

A couple weekends ago a buddy lowsided his CR450 on a high speed turn. We got him to ride out but he spent the next few days in the hospital dealing with a nasty arm injury. His bike got scratched. :smirk:

Drove home the point that the bike is much tougher than we are (especially when we decide not wear extra protection).

Gimme that nasty terrain, only thing the L doesn't eat up is mud&ruts, and that's probably mostly me.

I love horrendous hillclimbs, rock gardens, bushwhackin' trailless sections, oh that poor bike...

Dave

Yes, that's the trail behind us.

20090419-004.gif

Nothing BUT rock.

0426091535.jpg

Field of woop-de-doos

0701091947.jpg

Mud hole

0410101146-00.jpg

Nothing like a good mix of snow, ice and mud.

image0199.jpg

i tried to record myself for my friend on mine but i didnt want him to see me fall so id start recording again well lets put it this way he never got to see any recordings lol i feel over 4 times on a brutal ass bullshit of a trail that quads would have a hard time with and then my battery on my flipcam died lol and im going to wear long sleeves prickers suck ....ive only ever had streetbikes i like speed but dirts even more fun ive been missen out