KTM 350 Warranty, 30 Hours - Should I do more?

Hey guys

As most of you know there is a warranty on the gearbox, the dealers have to split the cases . My bike has roughly 30 hours on it. Should I change anything while the motor is open? Any Bearings, at 50 hours the manual states new Con Rod, Is that overkill ? What do you guys think.

Hey guys

As most of you know there is a warranty on the gearbox, the dealers have to split the cases . My bike has roughly 30 hours on it. Should I change anything while the motor is open? Any Bearings, at 50 hours the manual states new Con Rod, Is that overkill ? What do you guys think.

huh? warranty? is it a service bulletin?

Yes, Speak to your dealer.

33/11/184/HQ-E / Action code !! Author: FH May 9th 2011

Applies to: MAIN SHAFT BEARING

Model: 350 SX-F 2011 (XC-F models are not affected)

Restrictions: Engines with a serial number below 1-772*05995*

Countries: All

Basic information:

Problems with bearing 0625204280, which was installed in 350 SX-F engines up to serial number

1-772*05994*, can lead to bearing failure or even to extensive engine damage.

For this reason, KTM decided to promote exchanging of the bearing in the markets with another bearing that

meets higher bearing material quality standards.

The new bearing 0625160040, together with the required washers, gaskets and restrictor, is contained in the

main shaft bearing conversion kit 772 33 099 100.

my number is, 1-772*03198* does that mean i should talk to my dealer? my bikes done 50 hours

Yes...

i asked my dealer if there was any more bulletins a couple days ago, he said no.

sorry for hijacking your thread.

SO....how is KTM going to handle this for dealers sitting on 11's with engine serial numbers under that number?? There is a rebate on the bike right now and i was VERY close to buying.

Can a mod pls clean this thread up... So I can actually try get through what I originally posted...

SO>>>>> Grunk, they will do the warranty before selling the bikes??? Its at KTM's cost .

I've yet to find a dealer that knows anything about this bulletin.

Can a mod pls clean this thread up... So I can actually try get through what I originally posted...

SO>>>>> Grunk, they will do the warranty before selling the bikes??? Its at KTM's cost .

theres a total of 6 posts in your thread, hardly any cleaning to do considering the fact that the posts pertain to your topic.... as far as im concerned its completely up to you. id have them spec your con rod and if they say its within spec i wouldnt spend the money...

Well, mine goes in for the warranty work at 60 hours and I'll have the dealer put in a new piston - will be as good as new afterwards. Even if not necessary at 30 hours a piston doesn't cost a fortune and you gain 30 more hours before you need to worry again - I'd do it.

Michael