Sign in to follow this  

Kenda K760

The manual I have states a 130/80-17 rear, but these only seem to come as a 130/90-17.

Does anyone know if these will fit an '87 DR600? Is that like 10mm taller or something (I have no idea if I'm working this out correctly)?

Also, are they any good?

They seem to get good reviews: Front and Rear.

I'm by no means a tire expert, but I had a similar problem when shopping for more off-road leaning tires for my 650. I was told by another forum member that it would work. Basically the way I understand it, the 130 and the 90 refer to the height and width of the tire. They should work on your bike. I'm running Kenda's Trackmaster II's that are "bigger" than the stock tires and I've been very happy with them so far. They seem to work very well for me in the dirt.

I'm by no means a tire expert, but I had a similar problem when shopping for more off-road leaning tires for my 650. I was told by another forum member that it would work. Basically the way I understand it, the 130 and the 90 refer to the height and width of the tire. They should work on your bike. I'm running Kenda's Trackmaster II's that are "bigger" than the stock tires and I've been very happy with them so far. They seem to work very well for me in the dirt.

Cheers, boss. I'm struggling to find places to buy tyres in the UK that fit a 17" wheel. If I go for these, it looks like I'll need to get them sent over from the States! :smirk:

I have run the K760 front and rear, they are a soft compound and grip on the tar seal well, but the rear was about 3/4 stuffed after 1500 kms. At the moment I am running a K760 front and a Michelin T63 rear and it seams to be a great combo for seal, gravel and dirt. Coming up 300kms and about half worn on both.

If you have to buy from the states anyway, Motorcycle Superstore is running a great sale on tires through this Sunday. I'm not affiliated with them, just a die hard bargain hunter who is also looking for tires at the moment.

Cheers

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/tire/tiresizeexplain.jsp Good explanation.

I have the 4.60 x17 so your sizing should fit.

Some love the K270, some don't. Best I can figure is if you're aggressive in cornering on the road, the compound tends to flex too much for some. I'm not. I really like the tire as a great 50/50 dual purpose. It IS sensitive to air pressure since the compound is a medium hardness. I was 2 lbs low on the rear tire and I notice the difference right away. The tire has great off road traction. Even loose, silty, rocky stuff.

If you're not an aggressive road rider, I'd say give 'em a shot.

Edited by TrophyHunter