Sign in to follow this  

tm 300 radiator fan

Getting the bike ready for erzberg, just finished installing a ktm 300 fan kit. All in all it fit fairly well. Had to file down the lip on the side of the rad, didn't take much, maybe 1/16". Rad kit was designed to be mounted at top of rad as ktm's don't have the down pipe in the middle just a connecter pipe on the side. Replaced the lower rad hose with a piece of steel braided pipe as the original has gone very soft with the heat. The rad guards are mecca systems and seem very strong.

Image0145.jpg

Image0143.jpg

Image0142.jpg

Image0141.jpg

Image0140-1.jpg

looks great doc! do you have the fan running off the thermostat or do you have it switch activated? I am going to put the braided hose on also. The pipe sits close and if you smash a pipe it can be right against it. Right now I protect it with a peice of inner tube. On races like this-I tape the shroud/airbox junction. If I crash or bounce off something,sometimes my sidepanel pops out of its junction. When I rode honda I did the same thing. I may have to get some of those rad guards-very cool! Did you safety wire the rad cap? A rear brake pedal safety wire may be good also.

Yes a put in the thermo switch, it just splices into the rad hose that comes down from rad to head. It all came with the ktm kit, in line fuse,thermal switch, mounting bracket and fan. I use a small cable tie on the rad cap as they don't seem to be that secure. I like the idea of using safety wire on the rear brake pedal as that bolt does have a tendency to work its way loose. I also safety wire the front brake hose where it goes through the clamp on the fork guard is it has worked loose before and the hose rubbed on the wheel.

Yes a put in the thermo switch, it just splices into the rad hose that comes down from rad to head. It all came with the ktm kit, in line fuse,thermal switch, mounting bracket and fan. I use a small cable tie on the rad cap as they don't seem to be that secure. I like the idea of using safety wire on the rear brake pedal as that bolt does have a tendency to work its way loose. I also safety wire the front brake hose where it goes through the clamp on the fork guard is it has worked loose before and the hose rubbed on the wheel.

yep-my brake hose rubbed.I switched to a ktm front brake line and silicone the brake line holder to the cable for insurance. I don't typically safety wire,but for that type of race-its probably good. Can you make that race on 1 tank of fuel or will you need to pit?

No its up to 4 hours so will stop once for fuel. The prologue and rocket race are quick ones so will carry only a small amount to keep the weight down.