007 exc 450 clutch life

I have a 07 EXC 450. The clutch engages very close to the grip as I let it out. This does not seem normal, I was going to replace it but the clutch is not slipping. The bike has 4090 miles on it or 210 hrs. I had a couple of guys tell me just to bleed/change the clutch oil. Any input is appreciated. What kind of Hrs/miles are you guys getting out of the clutch? Thanks!!!:smirk:

I've never heard of anyone who has actually worn the clutch out. Change the oil first, them measure the thickness of clutch pack, it differs a bit from year to year so you better ask someone who knows or look at the manual. Also it could be assembled with wrong thickness steel disks since there are different sizes.

I've never heard of anyone who has actually worn the clutch out. Change the oil first, them measure the thickness of clutch pack, it differs a bit from year to year so you better ask someone who knows or look at the manual. Also it could be assembled with wrong thickness steel disks since there are different sizes.

Thanks!!!:smirk:

Have you tried using the adjuster?

Bob

bleed and if it happens again it probly has a bad o-ring in the slave or MC needs rebuild kit.