scary fast power now?

I ran both on my YZ250f and it does make a difference. I did not put them on my 450. One thing that I noticed is my 450 with the JD kit works great at a broad range of altitude and temp. I have not noticed any power difference with taking it to altitude. Now on my 250 granted it was a 250 the jetting needed to be more spot on to get max performance, And that was with the Power now and Power now plus. Anyway to answer your question to me it did make a difference.

Save your money. Buy a good jet kit (James Dean). Get the base jetting right then properly setup the AP. Perhaps get a Merge Racing AP cam spring. Check the AP timing according to the manual. Failing that, give me a shout, I'll give the steps to ensure the curret base timing is right. Then a little test riding to fine tune it and you'll be ripping no problem.

The devices make the carb think it is smaller, part of that is due to the 'wing', part of it is due to it actually making the carb smaller. Kind of silly to have a race bike and the first thing you do is slow it down.

I have the JD kit and have adjusted the valves, HUGE difference! A few other add-ons also. I think "reducing" carb size is the reason why you get more low end torque. Same as a dual plane intake manifold vs a single plane manifold on a V-8. I do a lot of high altitude trails and was thinking the restriction might help with the low end. I will definatly try to dial in my AP as I just did the mix and idle.

At high altitude, you want MORE air. You are already suffering power loss due to thinner air.

Spend the time on the AP. It is not that hard on the FCR-MX, certainly a lot easier than it was with the old slant variant. It is very important to get your pilot and fuel screw set and then left alone for a perfect hot idle, a main jet that lets the bike pull the limiter at WOT in 4th gear on an incline and a needle that provides steady throttle smooth running under medium load. Then either do the oring mod, wire the linkage or use a stiffer spring. Check/set the AP timing per the book and test ride. A few fine adjustments on the AP timing and 'Bog B Gone'.

I don't come to this site much so pardon me if I offend anyone.

The posters on this thread do not appear to have actually used this product.

These are referred to as torque plates and if not a high rpm wide open race bike they add a very noticeable increase in low and mid range throttle response.

One gear upshifted from where the bike would run without it.

I have used these on all my 5 rfs's and my lc4 for over ten years.

Both pieces are the best results.

Add a ht racing pipe with the stock exc/mxc exhaust with the smaller primary header tubing and you add low and mid power and response again.

Bill at ht is so sure his stuff works that he offers a money back guarantee.

Other than top rpm pro racing this stuff realiy works.

Bill has sold hundreds of pipes and has yet to have anyone want to return one

I have 4 of them here.

So my 02 453, 05 483, 02 520 all have ht pipes which are inexpensive and both power nows.

All the exhausts head pipes are too large for the best low and mid rpm power in my and many others testing.

Some reversion in a four stroke adds low and mid power.

But I am a trail rider, dual sport guy. My desert bike is a 613 with a 43mm carb that is still has a short shifting low rpm cam and setup.

Doc bob

Just got off the phone with Bill at HT. Great guy and very informative. I'm going to get the smaller pipes but still in the air about the PowerVane by HT or the ScaryFast products.

The HT PowerVane is 70$, HT made, and is backed up with flowbench numbers and moneyback guarantee. Scary fast products are 180$ for the two and are most likely made in China.

Help me out here guys

Just got off the phone with Bill at HT. Great guy and very informative. I'm going to get the smaller pipes but still in the air about the PowerVane by HT or the ScaryFast products.

The HT PowerVane is 70$, HT made, and is backed up with flowbench numbers and moneyback guarantee. Scary fast products are 180$ for the two and are most likely made in China.

Help me out here guys

Intake stuffer works well in reducing the intake tract volume.

The dual power nows are more low end noticeable.

Actually we have run both at the same time. I think my buddies is still that way.

Notched the intake stuffer to fit the power now plus.

Depends on how much low rpm hit you want.

The pipe and stuffer are known good parts. Hundreds in use.

Bob