Alessi 5 seconds faster than short in first practice at hangtown!

I'm sure this will fuel the 350 vs 450 folks!

Oh Alessi is currently the leader, can't wait for the 1 st moto!

UNTIL he wadded himself....

Short was 30 minutes plus 2 laps faster then Allessi in the first moto:lol:

and the second moto....

and the second moto....

A DNS and a DNF...

At least KTM was racing some 450's out there today. Too bad 800 wasn't one of them. I think he would have done well.

1-800-cry baby...

I take that back... shorts engine was smoking on the last 2 laps of the first moto and it blew up in the second moto...hummmm...

I heard that Cairoli has a contingency of 40 engines per year...

Who else was racing the 450s?

I take that back... shorts engine was smoking on the last 2 laps of the first moto and it blew up in the second moto...hummmm...

And you no damned well they swaped the smoker out on the first moto so the one that blew up was a fresh motor.

Tye Simmonds from South Africa is running the KTM-450.

And Mike Brown who was in like 3rd in first turn with the big boys was on the 450 I believe.

I'm convinced KTM overproduced the 350 and needs to push them.

That could be... I'm sure KTM wants to have them out in the public market, but like they say, there is no replacement for displacement...

Short's engine also has to be fast enough to keep up with the factory 450's , not just stock 450's, which seems to be pushing the engine. And I'm sure some will say that Cairoli doesn't have problems, but just remember that most of the GP are held in cooler climates than the US motocross series.

That could be... I'm sure KTM wants to have them out in the public market, but like they say, there is no replacement for displacement...

Short's engine also has to be fast enough to keep up with the factory 450's , not just stock 450's, which seems to be pushing the engine. And I'm sure some will say that Cairoli doesn't have problems, but just remember that most of the GP are held in cooler climates than the US motocross series.

And the field isnt as stack as it is here in the U.S.

Tye Simmonds from South Africa is running the KTM-450.

I think you will find he is an aussie :smirk: