Is riding a 250sx hard?

Hey mates i have a question for you guys. I am coming off of an 09 kx250f and i loved the bike. It was great. Just when i came time to rebuild the thing it was not so great. I am very interested in the '12 ktm 250sx. Is it harder to ride a two stroke fast than to ride a 250f fast? I am a serious racer, i do a lot of local stuff and some nationals. just looking for some opinions. thanks guys!

Search 2 stroke vs 4 stroke or something similar. The topic has been covered extensively.

P.S. - This community knows their stuff when it comes to all things mx. Riding the Nationals is a bold and frankely unneccessary claim.

Hey mates i have a question for you guys. I am coming off of an 09 kx250f and i loved the bike. It was great. Just when i came time to rebuild the thing it was not so great. I am very interested in the '12 ktm 250sx. Is it harder to ride a two stroke fast than to ride a 250f fast? I am a serious racer, i do a lot of local stuff and some nationals.

And you don't know the answer........?

amateur nationals ? i guess ill ask my question somewhere else then.

don't let one bad apple/post....

The 2 stroke takes a different technique than the 4 stroke for sure, but hard to ride, no. If you are an experienced rider, which it sounds like you are, then you will adapt.

It has gobs more power than the 250F, so throttle control will be needed, but the bike is uber tunable so you should be able to tune it to your liking.

It is a great bike and one of my favorites right behind my 200. If I rode moto, it would be 1.

IMO 250 stroke is maybe just a tad harder to ride overall than a 250f. But at the same time the torque of the 250 2 stroke makes it easier than a 250f in some cases. Its a much smaller difference than a 125 to 250f.

well i am the opposite of your issue. I went from a KX250 two stroke, to a 250F four stroke, and IMO, the thumpers make you a lazy rider. You will adapt just fine, but the hit of a 2stroke is more apprupt then the constant power curve you have with a thumper. you blow a section on a 2 stroke, you have to work twice as hard to get it back, with a thumper just twist the throttle a lil harder and your right back in it. Just my .02 though.

It is all about set up. My smoker is just as predictable as my thumper was. It is also jetted way fat. Ton of torque but the top end is a little weak compaired to if I had it leaner. Play with PV/Jetting/cdi before the first time you race it.

i see. thanks for the replys guys! the main reason i want to switch is because of the price difference. I am trying to scrounge money here and there and i think this would be a great place. But only if i can perform well on one. Any idea of when the '12s will be in the dealers here? and thanks again guys!

If you are trying to save money the why buy an brand new bike. Get something a year old or so?

im going to try to find someones 10 or 11 to ride to see how i like it. And i can get a deal on a new bike. But if i can a used one that looks good and the price is right i would buy it.