bicycles?

I used to be into riding bicycles alot when I was a kid, had a bmx, liked to make jumps, etc

as soon as i started riding dirtbikes when i was like 12, i kind of got out of bicycles

everytime i ride one now they feel weird (i dont ride mx anymore either) and i am just terrible on them.

is it normal to be okay on a dirtbike then terrible on anything human powered?:smirk:

Think yourself lucky I have been riding both for best part of 50 years and I still suck at both :smirk:

It is awkward at first. For me it felt like the bicycles were too light and they get kicked around too much.

I ride BMX all the time. I think the only reason I'm even halfway decent is because my MX skills transfer over. I've been into BMX for over 3 years now and I'm still absolutely terrible when it come to vert, but I can hit dirt jumps, throw some little tricks, huck 360s, etc. Same deal with mountain biking, I can kill it on the downhill, but next thing I know I'm on my face because its so unstable compared to my CR. The only reason I ride bicycles is so I can get adrenaline out of my system during the week when I cant ride my dirtbike.

My wrists/ankles get pounded everytime I ride a bicycle and jump.

Me thinks its the lack of suspension..

I've never ridden a full suspension mtb

I ride dirt bikes, street bikes, mountain bikes, and road bicycles. You learn to adapt after a while.:smirk:

I ride dirt bikes, street bikes, mountain bikes, and road bicycles. You learn to adapt after a while.:smirk:

i like riding all those too:thumbsup:

I ride my mountain bike every day, some times several times.

Riding bikes are a great way to stay in shape and keeping your M/C skills up!

Also a great way to spend a shatload of money! :smirk:

I'm building this now and don't let that rigid fork fool ya! :smirk:

003800.JPG

004800.JPG

007800.JPG

For me the, the mountain biking is the next best thing to dirtbike riding.

Also a great way to spend a shatload of money! :prof:

Ain't that the truth.. http://www.bianchiusa.com/archives/2010/hors-categorie/928-sl-super-record/

I'm building this now and don't let that rigid fork fool ya! :smirk:

What are you riding with it. Disk brakes and flats like a downhill or 4 cross bike, but no suspension. Got some big $$ components there, sweet bike whatever it's use.:smirk:

For me the, the mountain biking is the next best thing to dirtbike riding.

+1. Mtn bikes can be just as fun if not funnier than twist throttles at times. I burned myself out on mtn. bikes for a while because that's all I was doing every other day so I ride more twist throttles these days but I do try to incorporate my freeriding mtn.bike outlook into the natural terrain when searching for lines or hits on a motorcycle.

bba_road_gap.jpg

Ain't that the truth.. http://www.bianchiusa.com/archives/2010/hors-categorie/928-sl-super-record/

What are you riding with it. Disk brakes and flats like a downhill or 4 cross bike, but no suspension. Got some big $$ components there, sweet bike whatever it's use.:smirk:

That Bianchi is sick! :prof:

On my build I went weight weenie on a budget after several full boingers since the 97 Trek Y5. Because of my MX background when the going gets rough, I'm out of the saddle anyway and all that springyness just adds weight! And boingy's when hammering losing forward momentum. I think. :lol:

What I'm building is ok, but not top of the line. My goal was to build a rigid for under 3k and bring it in at under 24lbs. on a 22" frame. Full XTR of XO compos would of ran me up to about 5k and I may of brought the weight down to 22lbs but I didn't think the extra pound and a half was worth the extra $1500.

Of course a CK headset doesn't really save any weight, but, well you know! :smirk:

The build is Sram X9 front and rear + shifters. Brakes are Avid BB7s, wheels are Mavic 717s with XT hubs. Cranks are SLX Hollotech, peddles are Welgo MG-1s and the stem and seat post Thomson Elite. Tires are Kenda Karmas which I LOVE! :lol:

Total cost is about $3200 and I'm just under 24lbs. I haven't finished it yet but I think itll be an excellent ride. Now if I can stop playing with my new motorcycle, my new RC planes and the new RC car on the way, Ill finish it! :lol:

41 years ols i can still skate a pool and do some pretty respectable freestyle on a bmx bike...i think it helps my reaction time when fast trail riding,raced mountain bikes for a few years and i think that helps with line choices in the woods...i think all of the abouve helps with balance and keeping my in shape for throwing around my 250x...not to mention my kids brag about heir dad lol

That Bianchi is sick! :smirk:

..........just under 24lbs. I haven't finished it yet but I think itll be an excellent ride. Now if I can stop playing with my new motorcycle, my new RC planes and the new RC car on the way, Ill finish it! :prof:

You kids and your toys... :smirk:

Was into RC cars for awhile until I realized they were costing almost as much as a real one to maintain. Sure was fun though.

Bought my 3rd and prolly final, mountain bike this past fall (my last one I had for 16 years and it was still fine). Full suspension Stumpy with 29s. I seriously love it. Super exercise (sorely needed at my age), super fun, and all the skills transfer between it and my greenE. I'm not sure which I'd rather be on. Guess it depends on where I'm headed. Hope I can keep both in action for many many more years.

YES, I have ridden a lot of pedal bikes and have always felt not as comfortable as when I'm on a motorcycle. It's the same concept, but very different it seems like. Different in alot of things such as the physics and geometry of comparing bicycles to motorcycles.

It's like snowboarding and skateboarding, same concept but two different things. I would know, I can snowboard really good but can't skateboard worth a damn.

Do you think RD, CR, RD,or any other fast rider are good on pedal bikes?????

Do you think RD, CR, RD,or any other fast rider are good on pedal bikes?????

I don't know if any of them train on mtn.bikes but I figure they all ride road bikes. I know Eli Tomac has rode many miles in the woods on mtn.bikes since his dad actually owns his own high-end bike company and is a mtn.bike legend. On the other foot multi DS champ Brian Lopes likes to ride MX and he is an impressive rider on twist throttles.

I don't know if any of them train on mtn.bikes but I figure they all ride road bikes. I know Eli Tomac has rode many miles in the woods on mtn.bikes since his dad actually owns his own high-end bike company and is a mtn.bike legend. On the other foot multi DS champ Brian Lopes likes to ride MX and he is an impressive rider on twist throttles.

Jeremy McGrath was a BMX star before he was a MX Star.

I find that mountain biking and hare scramble racing skills interchange very nicely. Maintaining speed is all about finding the flow of the trail.

It seriously irritates me that PA state forests are off-limits to dirt bikes. At least I can enjoy these trails on my X.0 equipped Niner EMD.

IMG_0191.jpg